Thursday


We're due for another hot day so I don't expect I'll get much done today. It's too hot to even think about sitting out on the patio so I'll be tucked up indoors with the blinds closed to stop the sunlight overheating the room (the back of the house is in direct sunlight all afternoon), and the fans working overtime to keep the temperature at a decent level. I'll either watch a film if there's one I fancy on TV or iPlayer, or I may just read. It's another one of those 'whatever takes my fancy' days! I may be having my hair cut but I'm not sure ... I've just written 'haircut?' in my diary with no time against it so it may happen, it may not. G comes to my house to cut my hair so it's not a problem as I'm staying in anyway.

We're due to have some rain tomorrow and Saturday so they are set aside to do some cooking. I have all the ingredients and now I need to get some meals made for the freezer - using the slow cooker and the hob so the kitchen doesn't get too hot. 

Comments

  1. I have the fans going already this morning Eileen and I suspect they will be on for most of the day. It was stinking hot as soon as I got up this morning. Probably best to hunker down and stay in the cool of your house. I think the rain will be a blessed release if not for us then for the garden.

    Thank you for popping over to my little blog and I do hope you get to make the spicy potatoes and that you enjoy them as much as I do.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't sleep too well because of the heat so I feel drained before the day starts. It's definitely a 'stay inside' day.

      I just have to buy some curry leaves and then I'll make the spicy potatoes.

      Delete
  2. I think your plans for the day sound perfect given that heat. Do you also get the high humidity? We are returning to hot & humid weather again -40+ (c). It does tend to suck out any energy you might have. Your close up photos of your roses are wonderful - my roses aren't doing so well this year :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, unfortunately we have the humidity as well!

      Two of my climbing roses are doing well this year but the third one still hasn't reached the trellis.

      Delete
  3. Staying indoors with the fans on, on a hot and humid day - now, why does that sound familiar? :D

    We had a light drizzle this morning! It has added some humidity to our normally very dry air! But, it has cooled things off, just a little, as well.

    Hope you enjoy your day and do take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a lovely day thanks Bless. After a couple of errands and a haircut, I've done very little at all ... reading, sleeping, planning, all from the comfort of a very cool living room.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts