'Something Snappy' in Bradford on Avon

The May meeting of the 'Something Snappy' photo group was held in Bradford on Avon. It was a bright sunny day, too bright for some of the phone cameras which meant that some of the group struggled a little, but we all managed to find photos for all of the words on the list so I'm calling it a success. 

The words for yesterday's hunt were floral, symbol, blue, geometric shape(s), framed, reflection, plaque, begins with D, animal, carved. 

Here's my selection ...

floral 

symbol - masonic symbols seen outside the old school house

blue

geometric shapes - a tiled table top seen outside a café

framed - roses framing an alley

reflection

plaque - one of the town trail plaques

begins with D - the door to the C17 lockup on the town bridge

animal - seen in a charity shop


carved - the cipher of King Edward VIII, carved on the wall of the old Post Office

I also took my first few photos for the SPSH but I'll post them tomorrow. 

Comments

  1. Lovely photos, and what a lovely day it was yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy. It was lovely yesterday ... hope we're as lucky with the weather next week. xx

      Delete
  2. You found some great "snaps"! I especially liked the reflection. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. I took lots of reflection shots of the old mills along the river ... one of my favourite places to photograph. xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos in such a nice place. I really like your reflections photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. The reflection photo is probably me favourite shot of the day so I'm glad you like it. xx

      Delete
  4. I love that old door. Fantastic. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos, looking forward to seeing some more. I love Bradford on Avon, such a pretty place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bradford on Avon is beautiful. I'm planning to follow the town trail and attempt to photograph all the places of interest so there will be more photos to come. xx

      Delete
  6. I like all your photos from your Something Snappy Walk. Reflections & Framed are two of my favourites.

    Shhh, don't tell yet about your finds for the SPSH, it starts on June 1st :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh {naughty word} I forgot about the start date! I'll have to go back and take them again 😂😂

      Delete
  7. Fab photos, especially that reflection one. I love the watercolor look of the reflected windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne, that's my favourite one too. xx

      Delete
  8. I also like the reflection - it's almost like a painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Ella. It's one of the best ones I've taken of the reflections over the years. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts