This Week ...

clematis Doctor Ruppel
 

... will be a quiet week. I'm still resting after being laid low by three migraines and don't really have the energy to do much, and forgetting to take my medication yesterday hasn't helped at all! I went to the canasta group on Monday and have my piano lesson this afternoon but that's all that's in the diary for this week so I can take thing easy with a clear conscience.

The plants for the hanging baskets arrived yesterday ... trailing fuchsias in all the baskets this year ... so I have contacted M to see if she can come this week to get them planted. I also contacted a cleaning company to arrange for a regular cleaner, aiming for 2 or 3 hours fortnightly on a Thursday morning. That's the same arrangement as I have with M for the garden so it'll be perfect if I can arrange it so they are both here at the same time. The cleaning company can't come to do their assessment until June 1st but I know their hourly rate and can afford to pay for the three hours if that's what it'll take to complete the cleaning schedule I have decided on. The same company also offers ironing services, which I'm not interested in, and handyman services, which may be of use in the future.

I updated my budget yesterday, which sounds like a big job but it only took me about ten minutes ... one of those jobs that I dread doing but is never as bad once I get started. I was trying to work out whether I could afford a photography workshop, which I can, but am now questioning whether I really want to spend a day photographing waterfalls in Wales in early January. I'm not sure how much I will enjoy it as I'm not a cold weather person at all ... I think I've just answered my question! I'll look for an alternative photography workshop nearer to home, maybe something to capture the autumn colour or maybe I'll be able to find a waterfalls workshop that's run during the summer months.

I'm still having problems with Blogger. It takes an age to write and publish a post, and I still can't comment on your blogs. I have been reading all of them so I know what you've all been up to but I do miss the interaction of commenting. I did a test on WordPress to see what I think of it and, while the daily postings will be as easy as Blogger, the reformatting if I transfer this blog to the new platform will take ages and I'm not sure it's something I want to undertake at present ... maybe a task for the winter months? For now I'll continue with Blogger and just see how it goes. 

Comments

  1. Blogger can be a perfect nuisance at times. I'm sorry you are still having problems.
    The housework thing sounds perfect, especially if they are good and also do handyman stuff.
    Take care, rest up and have a great piano lesson. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, it will all work out and, depending on the cost, the handyman side of things will be very useful.

      My piano lesson went well ... working on two pieces from Les Misérables, so I'm loving it! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you are able to rest and recover from your migraines. Your trailing fuchias will look lovely I hope M can come this week and plant them up for you. Blogger can be a real pain sometimes, I have another blogging friend who is also unable to leave comments. I hope you will consider a WordPress blog without the need for reformatting, that sounds rather complicated to me but do whatever suits you best xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fuchsias were planted up today (Thursday) so now we have to hope that they all grow. I've read that being unable to comment is affecting quite a lot of people so I know I'm not alone with the problem, but I do wish it would sort itself out. I can't make up my mind about WordPress and I don't want to jump from one problem to something that may be worse. xx

      Delete
  3. That is a beautiful flower! Your hanging baskets will be lovely with all those fuchsias, I'm sure. I hope M can plant them up for you, soon.
    Glad you are having a restful week after suffering from those headaches, last week and glad to hear that you are able to get the house cleaner to be there for 2-3 hours every other week. June 1st will be here before you know it and hopefully the cleaner can start shortly after that.
    I'm sorry you are having issues with Blogger and posting comments, etc. Hopefully, you'll be able to get it resolved soon. At least you are able to do your posts, even if they take a long time to do. Hope you have a good rest of the day and the piano lesson goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M was here today, Thursday, to sort out the hanging baskets and plant the rest of the new plants ... just have to hope it all grows now! I'm hoping the cleaner works out. Like you say, it's not long to wait and then I'll soon know. At least I've made a start in trying to get it sorted anyway.

      Blogger continues to drive me mad but at least I can post and know I'm not the only one who is unable to comment. Hopefully the issue will be corrected soon and things can get back to normal. xx

      Delete
  4. I think we the Blogger users should change the name to Blugger. Maybe if you try, as I have, using your non dominate hand, while dressed in plaid, holding a paper sack of cookies, it will work & her knows that ritual may work with warding off more migraines. That is a beautiful clematis. Fingers crossed the cleaning company can fit you into their schedule, soon. Cheers to a good piano lesson & an easy end of week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good idea but instead of just holding the paper sack of cookies, can I eat them please? 😂

      The clematis is beautiful and it's in a position where I can see it from the living room and also from the dining room ... it brings a lot of joy.

      They can definitely fit me in. The visit is to agree how much cleaning they can do in the two or three hours they will be here. I can't see that it'll be a problem but ... xx

      Delete
  5. It is good that you are able to rest after having 3 migraines last week, you must be washed out. Your hanging baskets sound lovely. Hubby got me another fuchsia bush last week this one is a pale pink and lilac, it will be a lovely contrast opposite the red and purple fuchsia in the front garden. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am feeling washed out and to cap it all, I had another migraine yesterday (Thursday). Sadly I lost all my fuchsias over the winter so have opted for all the hanging baskets to be filled with fuchsias instead. Yours sound lovely. xx

      Delete
  6. Rest is a good remedy for the toll migraines take. We are often in such a rush to do things or go places, we just get the increasingly frazzled. At least I do. Theres no rush so do get a lot of rest. I set up a blog a long while ago, but couldn't get blogger to let me post when switching between phone, desktop (work) and laptop. I can't even access my profile on one of them! So I just gave up. I wish you luck sorting it all out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, Celie. I have to keep reminding myself to slow down and take things easy but I'm still a work in progress! At least I can post on Blogger now, but it is frustrating. Will you ever consider blogging again in the future? xx

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry to hear you've been poorly, hope you are now on the mend. Blogger locked me out of commenting for a while, I logged off and on again several times, and I'm now ok with commenting on yours, but can still only comment as anonymous on some others! Grrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I'll tell you all the gory details on Tuesday ... that's something for you to look forward to, isn't it? At the moment, I either can't see a comment box or on the few blogs where I can, it won't allow me to publish my comment. That is an improvement though so hopefully it's sorting itself out and I'll be able to comment again soon. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts