It Happened Again!

 

I met with a friend at the garden centre and somehow these plants have come home with me. I wasn't planning to buy anything so they must have jumped in my trolley, just like last time! So, I am now the proud owner of a Heuchera Indian Summer Huckleberry, a Gaura Lindheimeri Belleza Dark Pink, Zinnia Profusion Mix, Sempervivum Mix, and a Fuchsia (don't know the variety). The plants I previously ordered are due today and a bulk delivery of soil ready for the planters will also be delivered today... M will have plenty to do when she is here tomorrow. If the trellis is delivered this week, S said he will be able to finish off the pergola on Sunday. We left it that R will get the trellis next time he goes to the supplier without making a special journey for it, so I don't know when that will actually be but as he is doing a favour for me, I'm happy to wait.

I've heard from the cleaning company and they have confirmed that they will be here tomorrow as agreed. We'll agree the duties and costs and, assuming it's acceptable, will start work tomorrow as well. I'll see how it goes having both M and the cleaner here at the same time and if I don't like it, I can always amend the schedule to have them here on alternating Thursdays.

Comments

  1. I like the flowers that just happened to jump into your trolley. I hope the meeting with the cleaning company goes well today xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all planted now and are looking good, especially the heuchera. Yes, the meeting with the cleaning company went well and they will be cleaning my home on a fortnightly schedule. xx

      Delete
  2. Ha, ha, too funny about plants jumping into your trolley! Sounds like M will be busy, tomorrow! But, those plants will look great in your garden.
    Good luck with the house cleaner, too. Hope it all works out well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there was a lot for M to do! She liked my choice of plants so I didn't make any silly errors when I bought everything, thankfully. Yes, the cleaner will be visiting on a fortnightly schedule. xx

      Delete
  3. Lucky I wasn't with you, they might have jumped into mine instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, but you're the one who is supposed to stop me spending too much ... you're supposed to be a good influence! xx

      Delete
  4. Very athletic, the plans round your neck of the woods, aren't they? lol
    Good luck with the cleaning - I do hope it works out. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed! Yes, the cleaning company started yesterday and will be visiting on a fortnightly schedule from now on. xx

      Delete
  5. I'm meeting a friend in a garden centre next week, hubbies are coming, so hopefully I will just get the one plant I need, who am I kidding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's all so tempting, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  6. This is the very reason I'm staying out of garden centres as it is not so much jumping plants, but the ones the cry out "take me home, take me home". One of my Heucheras was severely trampled on by the young folks doing some work in my garden, but thankfully some tender care is bringing it around, slowly. Thank goodness they are a hardy plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't listen to the ones begging me to take them home, I was concentrating on the ones jumping into my trolley! Glad to hear your heuchera is recovering. xx

      Delete
  7. I haven't been to a garden centre for some time, it is no wonder I haven't seen these jumping plants yet. However I do have a Heuchera in my back garden, but it is currently not doing very well. I see you have a few succulents, that is what I have in the conservatory and they do very well there. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the heucheras but haven't been lucky with them in the past so am keeping my fingers crossed for this one. It's the first time I've tried succulents. I was tempted after seeing my sister's pots of the hens and chicks. xx

      Delete
  8. At least the flowers that jumped into your trolley are nice to look at and will bring you joy! They also don't clutter up the house

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true.

      And just to let you know that I'm joining in with your declutter 50 in June. xx

      Delete
  9. Well, obviously those flowers could tell that your garden was where the action was happening - they couldn't help but want to join in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts