Friday 30th September

273/365: fuchsia

M is here today for another session in the garden. Mostly tidying, so emptying the hanging baskets and cutting back some of the straggly perennials, plus the usual weeding. She's bringing the naturalising tulips so will get them planted but I know we are leaving potting up the rest of the bulbs for a few more weeks. I also want to chat again about the plants I'd like to be moved and make some decisions about what will replace them. These plants (3 x dahlias, 2 x agapanthus, a small clematis, and possibly the Eden rose) won't be moved until the spring and are destined for the wooden planters so will leave space for other plants in the borders. I've decided against replanting the hanging baskets for winter colour ... the budget will only stretch so far and the pergola and the garage door replacement take priority.

That's about it for today. I'm feeling tired after yesterday, most likely down to stress, so will be taking it easy. I gave up looking for jumpers and decided that, as soon as my sister has overcome her current medical issues, I will ask her to knit a couple of jumpers for me, either her or the lady in the wool shop. In the meantime I have treated myself to a panda oodie to help keep me warm at home during the winter ... it's definitely just for wearing at home though!

Once M has finished I'll settle down to read the book group choice for the month and there's a couple of TV programmes I'd like to watch on catch-up - Professor T, and Karen Pirie

Comments

  1. I do like your Oodie and I can just imagine snuggling up on the sofa wearing it. Do take it easy, you did have a stressful day yesterday. Did you watch the DNA Journey last night with Rob Beckett and Romesh Ranganathan? I gave up on it as I thought they were being very silly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been despatched so I will soon be living up to that image! I've had a really easy day so far, no rushing about at all and I can feel myself relaxing as the day progresses.

      I did start to watch the DNA Journey and gave up for the same reason. They had more interest in thinking they were being funny than enjoying the discovery of their family trees ... very disappointing.

      Delete
  2. Your Panda oodie gave me quite the morning chuckle. Just wearing that will life your spirits while keeping your cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted an oodie for ages, saw they were on sale and thought "why not", so I ordered it! I don't think I'll be wearing it when I have company though 😂

      Delete
  3. Hope you've had a good session with M and the garden is coming along well. I had to look up the Oodie and I love it! The site you linked directed me to the US site and they are on sale/offer for $89 each. Maybe I can request one as a birthday present! :D
    Glad you are taking it easy, today. I hope your sister is recovering well and will be able to knit you that jumper, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, mine was on sale which is how I was able to afford it. It's been despatched and I can't wait for it to get here. If it does work out as I'm hoping, I may buy another one as well. I hope you are able to get one too.

      My sister is still waiting for her hospital appointment with the Consultant but is currently having lots of tests done, so she still doesn't know what is wrong. I won't ask her until we know what she is dealing with though

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts