Weekly Reflections

254/365: Solanum jasminoides (potato vine)


Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • enjoying a visit from L&P ... a longer visit that usual as they stayed overnight and left after breakfast the next day
  • exploring possibilities for some new-to-me groups and social activities
  • catching up with the batch cooking and restocking the cupboards 
  • finding that the pomegranate bush is setting fruit
  • adding some more dates to my diary
  • there's still plenty of colour in the garden
  • appreciating the rainfall this week
  • relieved that the issues with viewing other blogs seems to have been temporary and have now been resolved

I am grateful ...
  • for the TV coverage that has enabled me to keep up to date with events following the death of Queen Elizabeth ll and to see history in the making
  • for last minute online orders and deliveries
  • for proposed rebates on the gas and electricity costs


Lifestyle changes
  • daily walk: Achieved 
  • weekly personal training session: Achieved
  • twice a week - 2 x 10 reps of each of three exercises: Achieved 

Comments

  1. Your pomegranate bush is setting fruit, I have one which I grew from seed, so I have hope mine may fruit one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a tiny potted plant when I bought it. I was only expecting to be able to enjoy the beautiful red flowers even though the advert said that it's possible to get them to fruit in this country, so I'm excited to see the beginnings of some fruits. I'm not expecting them to fully develop as the temperatures are falling and I don't have a greenhouse as an alternative but still, it's exciting 😀

      Delete
  2. The potato vine is really very pretty indeed. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's starting to fill out now. I think the flowers are really pretty. I'm hoping to have the white version growing over the new pergola when that's built. xx

      Delete
  3. Another week with many reasons to be cheerful and grateful. Is your pomegranate tree growing in a planter? Can it be moved to a sheltered spot, close to a brick wall that might warm up during the day that will help keep it warmer during the winter? Could neighbor S build you a sort of green house with some panes of glass that can be set up around the plant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is growing in a planter but there won't be much room next to the rear walls of the house during the colder months because all the fuchsias will be moved there. My whole garden is quite sheltered so it'll have to take it's chance where it is. S would probably build something if I asked him but I know M would feel that there are other plants that should take priority if that extra protection was available!

      Delete
  4. Plenty of reasons to be cheerful but it's been a sad week with the Queen's passing, it was so sudden. I agree it is good to be able to watch the television broadcasts of history in the making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has been a very sad week ... I still can't quite believe what has happened. The TV coverage is a bit repetitive but I'm grateful to have the opportunity to follow the events as they happen.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts