Wednesday

It's all change today. H, a friend, needs some help - her car is still in the garage so she has no way of collecting the sacks of coal she needs for heating and can't get a delivery for the next three weeks. We've arranged that her son will cycle to the depot and will load the sacks in my car and then will cycle home to unload. I won't need to get out of the car or do any lifting, so from my point of view it is a low risk activity and I can't bear the thought of them not having any heating. One bonus is that I'll get to chat with H who I haven't seen in person since last year. Another bonus is that the car gets a good run out. The last, and best, bonus is that it gets me out of doing any housework!

I'm hoping to do some more work on the family tree this afternoon. I have a few loose ends where research has ground to a halt for one reason or another so I want to start looking at those. The new software has the facility to generate a to-do list so I will start making use of that to keep track of where I am on everything. 

The rest of my day will be filled with Italian, some piano, TV, and a video call with friends. 

Comments

  1. What a lovely friend you are! The no-housework is a good reward! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The no housework has been the best bit of the day!!

      Delete
  2. How large a car have you got? Doesn’t coal come in one ton bags. I’m sure that’s what the coal man used cart on his back then tip into the cellar...or have things changed now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or was it a hundredweight

      Delete
    2. It's in 25kg bags, or it might be 20kg, not sure. I think you're thinking of hundredweight sacks - I remember them from my childhood.

      Delete
  3. How kind to help a friend & wonderful that your car is working again to put the kindness into action. I was surprised to hear that your friend is still using coal for heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H would be the first to help me so I was happy to be able to help her for once. She moved not long ago and now has a coal fueled range for cooking, heating and hot water. I don't know if she intends to keep it long term but she's stuck with it for now.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It nice to be able to return the favour for once.

      Delete
  5. That's lovely that you are able to help your friend. Getting out of having to do housework is a nice, added bonus! :) Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I enjoyed getting out of the house today and it was lovely to see, and help, H and her son. The no housework part was bliss, and I made some progress on my family tree so all things considered, it was a great day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts