Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with friends and neighbours
  • celebrating my birthday!
  • watching Emilia online
  • a regular delivery of eggs from one of the local farms
  • trying new things and changing the day round has lightened my mood
  • a walk around the marina in the dark, enjoying the reflections in the water
  • winning the choir quiz
  • misty mornings 

I am grateful ...
  • for the extra effort people put in to making my lockdown birthday special
  • for a warm and tidy house
  • that family and friends continue to be virus free
  • the continued community support and the various initiatives in place to establish community events when it is safe to meet in person again
  • YouTube videos providing idiot proof crochet instructions that even a complete beginner can follow

Lifestyle Changes
  • Knee Strengthening (every day): achieved
  • Exercise: I am doing a mixture of C2F, exercise bike, line dancing, and walking. The aim is to be doing a form of exercise for at least 30 minutes every day ... it's a work in progress but the routine of daily exercise is becoming a habit. 
  • End of Day Routines: I've managed to re-establish the end of day routines so the aim is to continue with this until the end of the year, with some flexibility over Christmas, and then decide what the new focus will be in January.

Comments

  1. I love your reasons to be cheerful! I love those misty mornings too. Hope your weekend is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. It's been a very quiet weekend, even by lockdown standards, but enjoyable all the same.

      Delete
  2. Lots of good things to be cheerful & grateful about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! And congratulations on the quizzing success. I too have enjoyed the misty days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm admitting to getting older but have no intention of behaving sensibly ... maybe next year!

      I've taken some misty photos but have been disappointed with all of them so will try again next week. I'd like to get a decent one for the WPSH.

      Delete
  4. All very good reasons to be cheerful and grateful and you are doing so well with the life style changes and routines! Well done all around! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It's one positive from the lockdown. The slow pace of life makes it easier to focus on the changes I want.

      Delete
  5. 30 minutes sounds like a doable goal, and that much exercise will be beneficial. Routines are helpful with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have a treadmill and did 30 minutes every morning as soon as I got out of bed. I listened to the radio and just got on with it, and that's what I'm hoping will happen with the exercise bike, starting at 10 minutes each time and gradually increase the time. The other things are extras, but fun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts