Friday

My BiL delivered the exercise bike yesterday which I was expecting, and also brought a big back of books which I wasn't expecting. So today do I exercise*, or do I opt for the much more enjoyable experience of looking through all the books and deciding which one to read first**? I don't have much time for either because I have a doctor's appointment followed by the opticians which will take up most of the morning.

I'd like to do a bit of shopping while I'm in town but it will depend on how busy it is. None of it is urgent, but would be nice to have if I can shop safely. The doctor's surgery is right next to the park so, if the rain stops, I'll take the opportunity to walk there for a change of scene. It looks like it's set in for the day though, so I may have to give it a miss. Never mind!

After lunch I have a video call with L marked in the diary so that takes care of the afternoon, and then it'll be time for the choir quiz, followed by the big event of the day ... the family tree presentation. I'm feeling rather excited about it as are quite a few of my family ... I've had several emails and messages thanking me for arranging the evening and for doing all the research. 

* no

** yes ☺️

Comments

  1. How nice to receive the books in addition to the exercise bike! Sounds like you've a busy day ahead of you! Hope the doctor's appointment goes well. Best wishes on the presentation this evening! I'm sure everyone will enjoy it! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a busy day but everything was ticked off, except for a walk. The presentation went well and we all chatted for ages afterwards - it was a great evening.

      Delete
  2. Reading or exercise? Hard decision!
    Good luck with the family tree presentation tonight. I hope it goes well. Hopefully, your family are more attentive than mine, my family find it hard to listen and not interrupt!
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I muted them all so they couldn't interrupt! Actually everyone was really focused and there were some interesting questions, and from all the emails and texts, I can see that they all enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. Why not read while spending a few moments on the bike - you can even buy book holders for exercise bikes. Fingers crossed a break in the rain for a walk in the park. Have fun this evening with the family tree presentation :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of that but I don't know how I'd get on as I have to keep both hands on the pulse meters, so would need to keep stopping to turn the page. Worth a try though.

      I enjoyed the family evening, soon to be repeated for the ones who couldn't make it this time.

      Delete
  4. Books! Yes! Many a happy hour ahead. And the exercycle will still be there ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't touched them yet as they are still in quarantine! I can see the spines of the books through the plastic bag though and there's a good selection this time - as you say, many a happy hour's entertainment supplied in a bag!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. That was my choice in the end but the bag of books was in quarantine so I chose from the bookshelf. Books always come first, I don't know why I was dithering 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts