Thursday Part 2

I gave in and went back to bed and, a few hours of good sleep later, I am feeling so much better. Thank you for the kind comments on my earlier post.

I have been out for a (very) short walk, just long enough to clear my head ... up and down these pathways which are round the corner from my home. The mist is still hanging about but the sun is doing it's best to shine through.



I did feel chilled through after my walk but heated a bowl of homemade vegetable soup which has warmed me up. I won't do much at all today so am now curled up in the living room, snuggle blanket wrapped around me, and have settled down for an afternoon of reading, maybe some TV, and a catch up on social media.

I saw this on Facebook, posted by Mary-Lou, which grabbed my attention and which I think will be a good focus for a positive daily task through the lockdown. 


Today's task is supposed to be 'change your normal routine today and notice how you feel', but not a particularly positive starting task for me considering my normal routine has gone out of the window because of the migraine. I'm concentrating instead on yesterday's, which was 'sign up to join a new course, activity or online community'. I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Nice pathway! It looks like a wonderful environment for a walk. The new ways calendar looks like a helpful tool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These pathways, all interlinked, extend across the side of the village and are a safe environment for walking. They are well maintained,so no worries about twisted ankles or knees, and mostly good lighting for the dark hours. I don't use them as much as I should.

      I'm looking forward to working through the new ways ideas. Maybe there'll be something that just clicks and enhances my life.

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy to read that you are feeling better and have been out for a walk. Those pathways near your home look like nice places for a walk. I like the new ways action calendar; some good ideas there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. These pathways are so convenient and are right on my doorstep, so I must start using them more.

      The new ways calendar does have some good ideas. The website, Action for Happiness, has a different calendar for every month - it's worth a look.

      Delete
  3. So glad you find the New Ways calendar helpful - I'll be sure to look for December's calendar. I've printed out a copy & put on our family notice board. I like the pathway close to your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how easy it will be to do some of the suggestions but I think it'll be a help for the month as a whole.

      Delete
  4. Your photos are beautiful. They almost look like post cards. The action calendar is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judee. I think the calendar will be a big help in coping with the current lockdown.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts