Friday

Many thanks to everyone who commented yesterday. I had a lovely birthday, if slightly different because of  the lockdown restrictions. Family and friends made that extra effort and took turns to visit throughout the day - it was very much a day of freezing cold conversations outside and the cherry on the cake was getting to see Baby R in the morning and Baby P at lunchtime. No cuddles, and both babes stayed in the warmth of their cars, but it was still wonderful to see them. Time spent indoors to thaw out was taken up with phone calls with my sister, and messaging with family and friends who were working. I delayed watching Emilia, the online screening I'd bought a ticket for, until the evening and treated myself to an Indian takeaway so the evening was a lovely end to a lovely day.

Today, normal life has kicked in and I have to book the car in for its MOT and have a couple of emails that need to be dealt with so will get those done first thing. Household chores are bathrooms and laundry which won't take too long, and then I'm hoping to go out for a drive round.

It's the choir quiz tonight. M said it will be the last one in this particular lockdown but now that we know that Wiltshire will be subject to Tier 2 restrictions when the lockdown ends next week I'm sort of hoping she will change her mind and continue up to Christmas. Afterwards I'll watch the new Richard Osman's 'House of Games Night' on BBC1 and then the Shows Must Go On 'An American in Paris'. It should be a good night!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful birthday, lots of happy faces to be seen. I wonder if M is feeling over whelmed with organizing the quiz? Hopefully the MOT procedure is quick & not a lot of people. Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re the quiz, I think it was stopping because people would be able to resume meeting with friends and family, but now we will be in Tier 2 that isn't quite the case. T will collect my car for the MOT and deliver it back once it's passed so I'll be warm and snug at home rather than waiting in town for it to be done.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you were able to celebrate your birthday in such a nice way, surrounded by the love of your family and friends. Sounds like you had a good evening, too. Today sounds like a busy day! That's very nice of T to take your car in for you! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day and in some ways it was better than in normal times.

      T will collect my car when he does the MOT but I don't know the date yet. He's one of Ced's friends so helps me out with all things to do with my car.

      Delete
  3. So glad you got to see your family for your birthday even if you couldn't hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to see them all. I can't wait until it's safe to hug again.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had a nice birthday :) It's wonderful when you can tell people made an effort in these trying times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sort of made it more special. One positive from this crisis is that people seem to have a slower pace of life and can make time for this sort of thing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts