Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • regular contact with family via phone calls and texts
  • receiving an exercise bike and a bag of books from my sister
  • video calls with friends
  • video call with Julie and seeing her granddaughter, Baby P
  • the family tree presentation was a huge success and they are all keen to see the next one
  • line dancing!
  • enjoying the choir practice and the quiz (even though I didn't win this time!)

I am grateful ...
  • for technology - I'd have been lost without it this week
  • access to historical records via the internet
  • warm woolly socks
  • umbrellas!

Lifestyle Changes
  • Knee Strengthening (every day): achieved
  • Exercise (a minimum of 4,000 steps every day): I haven't really walked much this week because of knee pain. I'm switching to the exercise bike for a while to see if that makes a difference.
  • End of Day Routines: it's early days but I am waking at roughly the same time every morning, just before the alarm goes off. Night time is improving in that I go up to bed at the same time every night and fall asleep easily but am waking too often during the night. I know this is a sign of the depression so am not stressing about it yet.

Comments

  1. Can you give me the line dancing link please.Y ou seem to be having a much busier life than me!Enjoy.Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://youtu.be/uZXQuqPnp8g

      This is one of the links. I just search for beginners line dancing or seniors line dancing. There's plenty to choose from.

      Delete
  2. Waking up in the night has been difficult for me to manage... Last night I turned on the light and tried to read a bit and went straight back to sleep lol I wish that worked every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling tired all day because I don't sleep well most nights. I try to avoid turning on the light but read on the Kindle if I'm wide awake. Let me know if you find the solution, please.

      Delete
  3. I find myself going through sleep cycles - sometimes all I want to do is sleep and other times I can't sleep. On the times where I can't sleep I have stopped feeling guilty if I fall asleep during the day time. I think taking the worry out of anything makes things go smoother.

    I I love fluffy socks too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to think about it as going up to my bedroom rather than it being time to sleep. I seem to be able to function no matter how little sleep I have, and now I don't work it's not as big a problem as it used to be.

      Delete
  4. Lovely to see your reasons to be cheerful and grateful. Glad to see that you are enjoying the line dancing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing it a couple of times a week, just for about 20 minutes each time. It still makes me laugh!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts