Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • receiving a lovely gift from J and R as thanks for letting them store things in my garage prior to their relocation ... unexpected, but very much appreciated
  • planning Christmas - it won't be the same as previous years but I've taken positive action to give myself something to look forward to
  • chats with friends
  • planning a months worth of meals which, if I can stick to the plan, will provide the variety of meals that will help overcome the depression
  • removing a load of rubbish from the garage and charity donations from the house, making me feel 'lighter'
  • the choir end of term concert, singing through all the songs we'd worked on since the beginning of lockdown
  • receiving videos of my great nephew, Baby R ... he is absolutely adorable!

I am grateful ...
  • for the luxury of central heating now it's getting colder
  • for regular contact calls to check everything is okay 
  • for all the online entertainment that continues to be provided for free

Lifestyle Changes
  • Knee Strengthening (every day): achieved
  • Exercise (a minimum of 4,000 steps every day): achieved 
  • End of Day Routines: let's just say it's a work in progress! 

Comments

  1. Wonderful reasons for good cheer and gratitude, Eileen. I like the idea of a monthly meal plan (my mother used to do one, she said, when she first got married), but, I struggle with even a weekly one! Keep working on the end of day routines - they say that it takes at least 21 days for things to become a routine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggled with a monthly meal plan but feel much more organised now I've done it. I plan to do another one for December and from then I will have two months worth of plans for meal and I will just need to tweak things to ring the changes.

      I'm carry on with the ends of days routines and will see how things go.

      Delete
  2. More lovely reasons and really encouraging. THanks, Eileen.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed by your step count. You inspire me to look into starting to track that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4,000 steps isn't very many at all really but it feels like an achievement at the moment! I used to easily do 10,000 a day but knee problems mean that's not yet possible, although my aim is to gradually build back up to that.

      Do you know roughly how many steps you do each day?

      Delete
  4. I commend anyone who can meal plan for a week, much less a month. We tend to free lance around here. Kudos to you on that. I need to get back to logging more steps, you are putting me to shame! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to eat healthier meal when I plan so it's worth the effort.

      I just make myself do the steps every day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts