Me on Monday

It's been a quiet weekend, enjoyable, but quiet and my only communication with other people was a short chat with the delivery driver, blog comments, and a text conversation with Mary-Lou. 

I spent most of my time bulk cooking for the freezer. I had enough ingredients to make a start on Saturday morning as the food delivery wasn't due to arrive until late on Saturday afternoon, then carried on through most of Sunday. So far I have portions of chicken soup, lentil soup, lentil and vegetable soup, shepherds pie, dhal, chicken curry, and potato topped fish pie. I will probably make some more soups today ... it's definitely soup weather ... and also some chilli, bolognese sauce and something with chickpeas but I don't know what.

Today has to be a housework day so I'll make a start on the bathrooms, tackling the downstairs cloakroom first. This room has an under-sink cupboard where I keep the cleaning products and it's long overdue a good clear out. I'll do the family bathroom and ensuite tomorrow.

We had an email from M (who runs the choir) on Friday, saying that she's organised quizzes for the next three Friday nights. I really enjoyed the previous ones so am cheered up by this ... something in the diary to look forward to! Tonight we are starting on a new song, 'Let's take a sleigh ride', which I don't think I know. I don't recognise the title anyway, but haven't seen the sheet music for it yet.

The New Ways happiness calendar for today is 'Plan a new idea or activity you want to try this week'. I have the choice of paper cutting, crochet, or quilting but I haven't decided if my new activity will be one of these of whether I can think of something else. I didn't bother with the suggestion for yesterday which was 'Find out something new about someone you care about' but I didn't think it was that easy to achieve when face to face meeting opportunities are restricted and also, there's a bit of an assumption that the person will be forthcoming with information!

Comments

  1. I've been looking for local online quizzes & so far I've found nothing. So my new activity plan is going to be playing a board game of Trivia Pursuit (Harry Potter version) to honour Canadian icon, Alex Trebex, Host of Jeopardy, who passed away yesterday. I am surprised to say I do know the Christmas song, "Let's take a sleigh ride" & now it has become a song worm in my head (lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're lucky with locally organised quizzes and have monthly quizzes from the library, the museum, and a couple of weekly ones from pubs, plus I also have the choir one. Have a look on YouTube for Jay's Virtual Pub Quiz Live - it's the recordings of his weekly quizzes with answers added - I just fast forward through all the chat at the beginning!

      Delete
  2. Good for you on the bulk cooking. I need to plan a few days of that, as pulling stuff out of the freezer instead of starting from scratch sounds very appealing these days. One good way to elicit information from friends is to ask them to relate something about their childhood that makes them smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weekend might have been quiet, but, it was productive, with all that cooking you did! Sounds like you will be busy, today, too, with the housework. I looked up "Let's take a sleigh ride" and it is not a song I am familiar with. Have fun at choir, today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd probably recognise the tune - Prokofiev's Troika - but the words were not familiar. It was fun to sing though.

      Ummm ... the housework may not have happened quite as planned 🤣

      Delete
  4. Your freezer sounds ready for the winter. I'm working towards that. It gives me a cozy feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty much there. Once I've completed the bulk cooking I need to restock with some frozen veg and then I'm ready! Having a full freezer stops me worrying and allows me to cope independently when I have a cluster of migraines.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts