Saturday

I won the choir quiz last night! It was the Christmas one and included Harry Potter, song lyrics and Christmas TV questions, so a good way to end this current run of quizzes. There's no more now so I'll look for an alternative on Friday nights.

I'm busy using up stuff from the garage freezer that's been in there for ages, so I'll be making some more soups, savoury mince, and a couple of different chicken curries, all to divide into portions for this coming week's meals. Once that's done I want to check the meal plan for December and amend the next supermarket delivery accordingly. That's due on December 1st, so today will be a good time to move things round in the freezers, and also wipe out the fridge ready for the fresh produce I'm expecting as part of that delivery. 

I've received some Christmas cards already so it must be time to get mine written, although I won't post them until next week. It's something I can do at the dining table while the pots are bubbling away on the hob. I'm not sending as many cards as I usually do as quite a few friends and family have asked to move to e-cards instead so I'll respect their wishes, and will probably also send e-cards to all the overseas addresses as the post is not as reliable this year. It's not really my favourite task but a mug of hot chocolate, some ginger biscuits, and Christmas music playing in the background will soon get me in the mood. I also have two family birthdays and three friend's birthdays in December, so will get their cards ready at the same time. 

As for the rest of the day ... I'll choose a new book from the bookcase, snuggle up on the sofa, and lose myself in another world.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on winning the choir quiz! Sounds like you've a busy day ahead of you, sorting through the freezer and cooking, etc. I've been very lax about sending greeting cards these past couple of years, but, I guess I should make the effort, this year. We shall see. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's 2pm as I write this and kitchen duties are finished for the day and all the cards are ready for posting, so I have the rest of the day to read and maybe watch TV. It was worth the effort as I have plenty in the fridge to choose from for next week's meals. Today is chicken curry, basmati rice, Bombay potatoes and chana masala (both from the freezer).

      Delete
    2. Your meal sounds delicious! I'm finding it amusing that you are having an Indian meal while I am having traditional American fare (leftover roast chicken, mashed potatoes, etc.) :D

      Delete
    3. Haha. I'm trying your approach and making meals up to last over two or three days. Tomorrow is small portions of both chicken curries (one is much hotter than the other), rice with added mushrooms, an onion bhaji from the freezer, and some spicy green beans.

      Delete
  2. Well done, what a lovely way to end a season of quizzes. I like ecards too, even though there's nothing to hang up. Less waste, I expect.
    Have a snuggly and happy day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people seem to be doing a donation to charity and then sending eCards instead, so the change is all for a good cause.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on winning the quiz! Christmas cards are a dying art :( I remember sitting with a hot cuppa and getting mine ready to mail. I don't send any any more, just a few texts. A book and a cozy sofa sound like a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt I will send any cards once I've used up my current supply. This year it feels necessary though.

      Book and cosy sofa is a winning combination at any time šŸ˜Š

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts