Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • online ordering and reliable food deliveries
  • phone calls with friends
  • the fantastic news that the daughter of friend has given birth to her second child,  Baby S, a beautiful daughter and little sister to R (who, from the photos, is a very proud big brother)
  • playing the flute
  • starting to learn the Christmas songs at choir
  • discovering the Action for Happiness monthly calendar, thanks to Mary-Lou
  • laughing my way through my attempts at line dancing
  • starting a lockdown jigsaw puzzle
  • plans for Christmas are coming together. Two Advent calendars bought in readiness (Jacqui Lawson, and a Mindfulness one), pickles and chutneys in the cupboard, turkey crown ordered, goodies delivered and hidden away, cards written, and Zoom meetups arranged
  • foggy mornings 
  • the news that the weekly choir quiz is back for November at least

I am grateful ...
  • for the central heating!
  • the safe arrival of Baby S - mum and baby both doing well
  • for the recent spell of (mostly) dry days
  • that people in this part of the village seem to be taking the lockdown seriously
  • for postal deliveries of medication

Lifestyle Changes
  • Knee Strengthening (every day): achieved
  • Exercise (a minimum of 4,000 steps every day): it's been a bit hit and miss this week, partly because of the migraine. 
  • End of Day Routines: the morning routine is starting to work for me but the evening one is a struggle. I'm changing things round this week and will be going to bed later to see if that makes a difference. 

Comments

  1. Lots of reasons to be cheerful and grateful! Sounds like you've made good progress on your preparations for Christmas! I haven't even thought about it, other than making my usual jams for gifting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was supposed to be going away over Christmas but that holiday was cancelled by the organiser during the first lockdown so I've had plenty of time to decide what to do instead. We also have the uncertainty about whether the country will still be in lockdown but I am intending to spend the day on my own so arranging plenty of treats and 'surprises' is key to the day being a success for me.

      Delete
  2. Much to be grateful for and many reasons to be cheerful :) I'm trying to take magnesium at night as part of a going-to-bed routine, and I keep forgetting. It's hard to change a routine even if it's a minor change, At least it is for me. Your exercise routine looks good. I'm trying to plan for Christmas and am just now realizing how close it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been going up to bed, having a bath and then reading until 11pm when I switch the light off, the theory being that my internal clock will get used to this and know that it's time to sleep. However, the reality is that I have been lying awake until the early hours. A big part of the problem is that I am not as tired mentally or physically now I'm not doing as much in lockdown and life has generally slowed down. I'm trialling a much later bedtime to see if I can stop the lying awake for hours.

      Christmas will undoubtedly be different this year but I have worked out how to make it special for myself. Not that long now but I have four family birthdays and 1 friend's birthday before the Big Day, and 1 family birthday on the Big Day itself!

      Delete
  3. Lots of reasons to be cheerful. I was able to complete today's suggestion from the happiness calendar. Glad to hear that your neighbourhood is taking the lockdown restrictions seriously - that way, everyone wins & there won't be a need for further lockdowns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, it's just my immediate neighbourhood. The news via local Facebook groups doesn't give the same story, but at least I feel that walking close to home is as safe as it can be.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts