Thursday

We're promised a rain free day today so I hope to go out for a drive at some stage. The parcels didn't turn up yesterday so I need to wait in for those deliveries and then I'll go out, just to see something different. 

I had a long chat with friend J yesterday and I think she is feeling much the same as me, so not exactly depressed but lacking the energy to keep on top of the more mundane aspects of life like housework. Actually, it's just the housework and I felt strangely relieved that I'm not the only one feeling like this! We've agreed that, as the lockdown is only supposed to last for one month, it's acceptable to do the absolute minimum but after that month the rules change and a return to normal levels of housework is in order even if the lockdown is extended.

So that means today is set aside for fun activities. I've ground to a halt on the family tree for now. The next stage is to search in the Non-Conformists registers which, as only a few of the records that I need are visible online, will mean a trip to the Records Office in Taunton when it's safe to do so. I'll move on to completing the presentation and then show the research to the family when we can agree a date and time. 

The New Ways calendar prompt for today is 'Overcome a frustration by carrying out a new approach'. I'm not sure what I'll do on this one so will make myself a coffee and put my thinking cap on. As for the rest of the day, it'll be some reading, letter writing, Italian, and I fancy some cheese scones so I'll find time to make some.

Comments

  1. I hope your deliveries arrive early in the day so you have time to enjoy your drive. Hope the day is a nice one. I think we are all a bit tired of the housework. It's never ending, for one thing, and there is no one to notice if we've cleaned or not, especially when we live alone! I admit to slacking off, myself! The cheese scones sound nice! I've never made any scones, but, my daughter has and she says they are easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is perfectly acceptable to easy up on things a bit at the moment - well, any time really, but there's added reason right now. It's not the physical restrictions, it's all the mental and emotional stuff Lockdown brings as well.
    Your fun activities sound great!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great minds think alike - I too am in the mood for some fresh hot cheese scones & thankfully on my last grocery order I got some buttermilk! I have just the task I need to make a list for a new approach to a particular situation. Are there any Q&A sections with your online ancestry search engines? Maybe you could ask them about the non-conformists & see if anyone has any ideas about searching that out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not even doing the minimum as far as housework is concerned. It'll still be waiting for me. Later. I do plan to get it done before I put out Christmas decorations.

    Cheese scones, yummm :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a wonderful day with lots of fun activities. Cheese scones sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thanks Nil. I prefer cheese scones to the sweeter plain or fruit ones and yes, they are delicious!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts