Wednesday

Real life got in the way yesterday so I didn't finish the presentation and will need to work on it today. I just have to tidy up my crib notes and then it's ready.

My sister phoned me yesterday morning ... all morning(!), but I am now the proud owner of an exercise bike she no longer uses and which BiL will deliver later this week. I was debating whether to invest in a bicycle to cycle along the towpath, which is also part of the National Cycle Network, but this is probably a better option for now. When BiL brings it round it's going at the end of the dining room and later on will go up to the smallest bedroom - later on being when we can visit each other's homes again and someone can carry it upstairs for me.

Afterwards I made some lunch and had just sat down to eat when my phone rang. I made the mistake of answering it ... it was an employment agency needing a reference for the son of a friend and, as it was urgent, please could I do it straight away if they emailed the documents to me. A bit of a nuisance but I finished my lunch and dealt with the reference, so that's done and out of the way. 

I was just getting the family tree stuff out to carry on working through my to-do list when the phone rang again, this time it was my friend Julie. It was lovely to hear from her and to catch up with all the news but by the time we'd finished chatting it was 4pm and I hadn't done any work on the presentation at all. So I did what I could from then until choir practice at 7pm and just have the last bit to finish off this morning.

Today, the priorities are 1) don't answer the phone until no, 2 is completed, 2) complete the presentation, 3) practice screen sharing etc. during Zoom call with J this afternoon, and 4) relax. I started reading 'On Chapel Sands' by Laura Cumming last night and will carry on with that tonight. There's nothing I want to watch on TV so, as I did yesterday, I will switch of all screens and will read or maybe listen to music.

Comments

  1. I have a bike, it's currently in a state of disrepair, but it's quite high on a list of things for GM to do after our move, so I am really looking forward to cycle rides along the towpath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's access to the canal at Marsh Farm which will be very close to you, but I don't know if it is public access or just for the people camping there.

      If my knee holds up to the exercise bike I will eventually get a proper bike and get out for rides along the towpath. We can be cycling buddies!

      Delete
    2. I shall have fun exploring - in the spring! And yes we can be cycling buddies, but I warn you I'm only a fair weather cyclist. xx

      Delete
    3. Don't worry, so am I 😂😂

      Delete
  2. It sounds like yesterday was the day for phone calls! But, how nice to receive the exercise bike from your sister! Good luck with getting the presentation material completed. Hope your day goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a generous gift and just what I need. She used it for physio after she had her knee replacement operations.

      It's lunchtime now and I have completed the presentation so I can relax. I'm practicing the technical side with J this afternoon but don't anticipate any problems. If things go wrong on the night, several of the people attending are proficient in using Zoom so will be able to help out.

      I'm reading now until my zoom chat with J at 3pm.

      Delete
  3. What a gift that exercise bike will be in the winter weather when walking outside is difficult. I move my exercise bike in winter to the room where we watch TV. My plans are always to cycle during commercials. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great gift. It will be in the corner of the dining room to start with so that I see it every time I go into the kitchen/dining room. It'll be facing the French doors so I can look out over the garden as I use it.

      Delete
  4. We had an exercycle for ages and got a lot of use out of it. It's supposed to be easy on the knees as I recall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm hoping. My knee is playing up again so this will give me an alternative to walking that's not weight bearing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts