Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • adding two more generations to the family tree, taking my research back to 1551
  • enjoying every single minute of the Monday choir practice
  • Zoom chat with J
  • lots of conversations and texting with family to arrange the date and time for me to show them the family tree via Zoom. There are a minimum of 17 households to bring together for this, so frustrating as it is to arrange the date, I've been talking to cousins I haven't spoken to in years. 
  • two more roses in the garden. They didn't survive the strong winds of last night but were pretty while they lasted. The cosmos is still flowering as well.
  • winning the choir quiz on Friday night
  • driving around the local villages. I was originally looking for somewhere to walk but the places I headed for, the white horse and the priory, were both busier than I was expecting. The change of scene was definitely worth the effort.
  • baking at home, something I haven't done since I lost Ced
  • a quick trip to town for some essential errands - my specs have been adjusted and are now comfortable to wear!
  • positive news from my sister, nephew, and friend advising that their respective house moves are, after so many upsets and problems, back on track and all will hopefully be settled in their new homes early in the new year.

I am grateful ...
  • for central heating
  • some dry spells instead of continuous rain
  • the ongoing support of the village community group, continuing to ensure that support is available to anyone who needs it
  • egg deliveries from a local farm!

Lifestyle Changes
  • Knee Strengthening (every day): achieved
  • Exercise (a minimum of 4,000 steps every day): achieved
  • End of Day Routines: getting there!

Comments

  1. Wow 1551 - that's so amazing.

    And Hooray for getting back to baking - cakes are good for you sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've continued the search this morning and am now back to 1495 on that particular branch of the family!

      It's a question of keeping everything in moderation but at the moment I need the enjoyment I get from the baking, probably more than I need the final product.

      Delete
  2. Great reasons to be cheerful and 1551 is very impressive indeed.
    I can't wait for Stir up Sunday next week!! And blow Slimming World, I'm going to bake some gingerbread biscuits this coming week - it's a need!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1495 now, see my response to Sue (above).

      Gingerbread biscuits - now that's an idea. Perfect to have with a coffee at this time of year, and you're right - it is a need 🤣

      Delete
  3. Such a joy to have flowers that last into the fall. And yes! to central heating :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to see little splashes of colour still and it's given me ideas for next year.

      Central heating ... definitely a 'yes!' 😁

      Delete
  4. It's lovely to see so many reasons to be cheerful and grateful. Glad to hear that you've been reconnecting with cousins you haven't spoken to in years and that the cosmos are still flowering. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been lovely to speak to some of my cousins again. One of them is planning to host a big family reunion post Covid, partly because most of us couldn't go to her mum's funeral (my auntie who died recently) but also to bring the family together again.

      Close up, the cosmos are looking very ragged but they are still giving a show of colour. I have some osteospurmum flowers as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts