This Week ...

When my late partner passed in 2013 I made the decision that, rather than remembering the day of his death, I would do something special to celebrate his life on the anniversary of his birth every year. On Wednesday 12th May, had he lived, we would have been celebrating his 82nd birthday, so this week is my time to celebrate that he lived and that I was lucky enough to have known him. It'll be time spent having fun and remembering the laughs we had together.

I still have to decide what I want to do and, because the forecast isn't good, it will probably run into next week as well. It will be a staycation of sorts with something special to look forward to on each day.

This is what the week looks like so far:

  • Monday: meeting L for afternoon tea
  • Tuesday: meeting J for coffee if she is free, but if not a drive round and hopefully a walk alongside the canal locks at Caen Hill
  • Wednesday: a phone call with his brother, then a home cooked Indian meal followed by an online trip to the theatre - I still have to decide what I want to see
  • Thursday: attempt an online escape room mystery
  • Friday: an entire day enjoying a mix of films, plays and musicals - all still to be decided
  • Saturday: it should be rain free so a walk with camera, maybe to Clangers Wood or possibly to Edington Priory, or maybe just along the canal towards Semington
  • Sunday: a tea party in the garden with friends
I'm still waiting on a couple of deliveries so things may have to change if they are notified for delivery on the days I plan to go out but I can easily work round that. I'll still join in with the choir and with some of the online classes. Today it's the diabetes prevention course, which I'm seriously considering stopping as I'm learning more from the nutrition classes. I'll see what it's like today before I make my decision.

There will also be some more work on the family tree. Yesterday I was contacted by E, a 1st cousin - her father was my half uncle, born during a short lived relationship my grandfather had after his wife, my grandmother, died. We all knew about the birth but none of us could remember the name of the child or the mother, so it'll be good to fill in all the gaps!

Comments

  1. That's a lovely way to celebrate your late partners life on what would have been his birthday, enjoy the week and your happy memories. Your family tree looks to be full of exciting discoveries, filling those gaps will be interesting for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The family tree is getting interesting again. Lots of family stories are being confirmed 😂

      Delete
  2. What a really lovely idea Eileen. I know I would much rather be remembered like this. It looks like you have a busy week planned. Have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ced doesn't have a grave although I know where his ashes were scattered, but he hated the thought that I'd visit the place. I feel this respects his wishes and gives me joy at the same time.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful way to honour & celebrate your partner. Sounds like you have a plan that are flexible for the week. Oh a tea party in the garden - perfect; hats & gloves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... scarf and most likely a blanket as well! We'll have fun though.

      Delete
  4. It's important to hold those memories close, and your observance sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate his life and the memories you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Relish those happy memories, celebrate knowing a good man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely way to remember him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea that you celebrate his life on his birthday. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of celebrating his birth and life instead of his passing too. It sounds like you have much planned. Let us know how the online escape room mystery goes, I didn't know they did those online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do the online escape room as I wasn't in the right mood. I have done an online one before and really enjoyed it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts