Tuesday

I had a lovely day yesterday. It rained first thing but the sun made an appearance later on so, during lulls in the wind, it was warm enough to feel comfortable sitting outside.

I tuned into the online photography class but he was discussing how to get the correct exposure so I didn't stay for the whole session this time. Instead I sat out on the patio with a mug of coffee and passed a pleasant hour reading. I tuned into the diabetes prevention course, which was awful and I won't be bothering with any of the remaining sessions. This session was a recap of all that we've learned so far, which is fair enough, except that there was quite a lot of contradiction in the leader's responses and I just lost all confidence in the whole thing. I can get more, very specific help, during the online nutrition classes so will continue with those instead.


In the afternoon I met L at The Nursery (garden centre). They were so busy that people were parking out on the main road and some double parking in the car park so the knock on effect was that the café had been really busy and we couldn't get an afternoon tea! They'd run out of scones so ... no problem at all ... we settled on cake instead! I didn't remember to take the photo until I'd finished my huge slice of lemon and blueberry drizzle cake, the first time I've eaten cake in weeks so it was a real treat. We caught up with all our news and I was so chuffed that L noticed that I've lost weight. To cap off the afternoon, L helped me choose my two new climbing roses. They are both repeat flowering, the red one is 'Crimson Cascade' and the pink one is 'Kiss Me Kate'. 

The evening choir practice was cancelled and will be on Wednesday instead so I will probably miss it this week. I did, however, make good use of the extra time and spent the evening working on the family tree by sorting through my list of DNA matches and messaging a few of the ones I think may be linked to the one branch of the family I'm struggling to get started on. Hopefully one of them will be able to provide additional information to help me out. 

Today I'm hoping to meet with J or at least have a phone chat. My car is poorly again - the tire pressure indicator came on yesterday but when I checked at the garage the pressures were fine, so T is coming round at lunchtime to see what the problem is. I'm assuming that he will need to take the car away so, if J is working, I'll go for a walk along the canal instead. That's the full extent of my plans today, although my sister may be round at some stage to drop of a bag of books. 

Comments

  1. That looks a lovely place to enjoy a cuppa and cake, the lemon and blueberry drizzle cake sounds delicious. I hope you have success from contacting your DNA matches something I have done recently, well I've helped someone with the research I had previously done. I hope the poorly car can be easily fixed. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is probably my favourite place locally for daytime coffee meets with friends. It's currently one of the better options for meeting safely outdoors but now that indoor meets are allowed from next week, hopefully it'll quiet down a bit.

      I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the DNA matches. The closest match is a 3rd cousin so realistically, even if that person is able to provide any help, there will still be a lot of research needed on my part.

      I'm hoping the issue with the car is in some way linked to the fact that it's hardly been driven during the last 15 months and that whatever it is will be cheap to fix! Hope you have a good day too x

      Delete
  2. Yes, very aware of how busy Marsh Road is these days! Cake sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does the overspill park in your road? I' keep forgetting you are so close now 😊

      The cake was delicious, but I did get a sugar headache last night ... totally worth it though. We'll have to meet there sometime, but when it's a bit warmer!

      Delete
  3. Oddly enough, the tyre pressure warning light came on in both our cars within a few weeks of each other. Husband checked all tyres which were ok, reset them and no problems since, just a gremlin in the system maybe. Hopefully yours is just the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great. T will be here later to check things over so I'll soon know.

      Delete
  4. Both your roses look like winners for the garden. I think Kiss Me Kate would be my favourite. Oh lemon blueberry drizzle cake, sounds yummy. Fingers crossed the tire pressure warning was only the electronics being wonky & no real problems. A bag of books - now that's a treat I could get my teeth into (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Kiss Me Kate was my first choice - I love everything about the flowers. The Crimson Cascade was chosen to complement it as the other red roses didn't look as good with it, plus I wanted a more traditional rose flower in the garden and Crimson Cascade fit the bill.

      The cake was delicious but then so is all of the food there. My sister's not coming now because it's raining so I will have to wait for the books ... well it was raining when we were on the phone and the decision made, but it's stopped for now.

      I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the car.

      Delete
  5. Time is too precious to waste on things that aren't doing you any good.
    The cake sounds delicious!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the course is is possibly doing more harm than good so will focus my efforts on making the changes to lifestyle that will give the benefits I need.

      The cake was so good 😁 xx

      Delete
  6. What a shame about the diabetes class. Contradictions are not what I want in a health class. It's nice when the weather allows for time outside like that. A cup of something and a book overlooking the patio -sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's frustrating to say the least. It was down to only 2 attendees from the original 24, so I think others may be just as unimpressed as me. The most important thing at the end of the day is that I improve my blood sugar levels and I feel I am getting better advice through the online Nutrition classes.

      I've moved the bench to a different spot on the patio ready for when all the plants grow just that bit more ... it'll be a beautiful place to sit.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a good day - meeting a friend, cake, and roses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day. I'm loving my choice of roses, it was great to catch up with L 'in person', and the cake was absolutely delicious! xx

      Delete
  8. Dining al fresco, always a treat, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts