Weekly Reflections

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with family and friends
  • watching 'Cook Clever Waste Less' on catch up TV and picking up some interesting suggestions for planning meals and using up leftovers
  • loving all the growth in the garden
  • enjoying breakfast on the patio on the first warm, dry day for ages
  • gaining a workable solution to the racking I want in the garage, thanks to my neighbour
  • continuing to enjoy all of the online classes
  • making good progress on the family tree
  • laughing through a Zoom meet with friends on Saturday evening
  • getting out of the house for a couple of shopping trips
  • getting to know my new cousin via a Zoom conversation
  • loving my new blanket, kindly knitted by my sister
  • enjoying the Great British Photography Challenge on TV
  • seeing the list of prompts for the 2021 Summer Photo Scavenger Hunt

I am grateful ...
  • for the knowledge that I am surrounded by caring and supportive family and friends
  • prescription medication and a GP who listens to my concerns
  • the sensible precautions that so many people are taking to ensure safety of themselves and others as we move through the gradual removal of lockdown restrictions

Lifestyle changes
  • exercise (30 minutes minimum every day): achieved 
  • weight: no change, which to be honest is better than I expected!

End of Lockdown Adventures
  • In the next 7 days: take photos around town for my monthly photo challenge. Achieved, sort of - I went to BoA but didn't find any suitable subjects for the photos.

  • In the next month (up to the end of May): some shopping trips. Achieved - one garden centre trip, one food shopping trip and one trip to town to spend assorted gift tokens.

  • In the next 12 monthsattempt some bird photography. No progress yet

Comments

  1. Plenty of reasons to be cheerful! It seems you have had a wonderful week.
    Enjoy the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a good week, thanks Irune. I hope this week is good for you too x

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a lovely week and now that the sun is shining you'll be sure to enjoy the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely week, thanks. I'm looking forward to a week of sunny days though. Hope you have a good week too x

      Delete
  3. Lots of lovely reasons for being cheerful and grateful! I hope you get to enjoy breakfast on the patio a lot more often now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sat outside for a while this afternoon as well. I'm gradually turning things around and generally feeling more positive thanks to doing this sort of post every week. I have Lady Ella to thank for the original idea. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts