Saturday

It was a mixed sort of day yesterday, a couple of disappointments but compensated by lots of progress in the garden.

The first disappointment was that the fruit tree didn't arrive as promised. I contacted the company and they phoned back to say that a replacement will be sent out straight away. Being cynical, I don't think the original tree was actually despatched but at least the replacement will be here within a couple of days. I'll just have to keep it alive until M's next visit.

The Hello Fresh delivery didn't arrive either. They emailed to say that the parcel had been misdirected by the courier and so I wouldn't receive the meals I had ordered. The email assured me that they had reset my account and all I needed to do was choose what I wanted for next week but, on checking, I seem to have lost the discount which meant that the first order was free of charge. As it stands I will have to pay for the next box of meals which I'm not going to do. I have emailed for clarification but if I don't get a satisfactory answer I will just cancel my account. I was only trying it because Joy was able to offer the discount so I thought it would be a chance to try out some different meals - I intended to cancel pretty quickly anyway because it's too expensive for me to do regularly. It wasn't meant to be!

On the plus side, M worked in the garden for a couple of hours. She weeded along one side of the garden where bindweed is peeping through from next door, then planted the nerine bulbs and the geranium and vinca plants I'd bought, and she also brought some sedums from her garden for me. A few petunias have been planted in pots but we ran out of soil so there's still a fair bit of planting to do. 

So some time in the next two weeks I need to visit a garden centre or two and choose a couple of climbing roses, a good supply of decent sized pots, and I have to order another ton of topsoil. We're hoping that the rest of the petunias, freesias, veggies, cosmos, sweet peas and angel's fishing rods can go out next time. Hopefully the fruit trees will be here and a couple of shrubs from an earlier order, so by the end of her next visit everything should be planted, which is exciting.

I have no plans for today but the weather forecast isn't good so I won't be going out. I think I have a a lazy day ahead of me!

Comments

  1. Call me cynical if you like but the parcel being misdirected by the courier seems to be a very odd excuse. Not your problem and they should honour their free offer to you. I hope your fruit tree arrives OK. I like climbing roses and have two against my garden wall, any ideas what colours you will choose. It's raining hard here today so your lazy day sounds good to me. Enjoy your relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've cancelled my account. The scheme wouldn't have worked for me in the long term and I was only trying it for the free meals, so prefer to quit while I can

      I'm hoping for one pink rose and one red one. That's the plan but I have been known to get carried away in garden centres so who knows what I'll come home with!

      Delete
  2. I am really very sorry, Eileen. It seemed such a great deal and I enjoyed my box. They make it very hard to complain too, as I have discovered.
    xsx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to speak to them yesterday with no luck and this morning have cancelled my account. It would have been nice to try the meals but I had no intention of doing it regularly so have put it down to experience and will look at one of the Indian spice boxes instead.

      Delete
  3. Too bad your fruit trees didn't arrive (hopefully, the replacement ones will arrive without any problems) and about the Hello Fresh box, too. Hope you are feeling OK after the 2nd vaccination dose and a relaxed day sounds good to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just one of those days! I've cancelled the Hello Fresh box and I've dealt with the garden suppler before so I don't anticipate any more problems from them.

      I'm back to normal today, just feeling rather lazy hence the lack of plans for today!

      Delete
  4. My first HF box was lovely but the second didn't turn up. I gave up on them and cancelled my order which was a shame as the meals were lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame. They don't seem to be too reliable from some of the reviews I've read. I've cancelled mine as well and am going to test run the Spice Tailor products instead.

      Delete
  5. All these Joys and Eileens, I'm confused x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it takes a bit of concentration sometimes 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts