This Week ...

After a quiet weekend I'm hoping for a livelier week. We're forecast sunny days from Tuesday so I'd like to spend a lot more time out of the house meeting with friends and family and generally just enjoying myself. I don't have any specific plans for that so will take it one day at a time.

Social: it's choir practice tonight and we're now counting down to our first in person full choir session (assuming easing of lockdown continues on schedule). This will be an outdoor socially distanced workshop in July, followed by the resumption of normal weekly session at the end of August. Part of me is excited about this and part of me is over anxious, but I don't have sufficient information on the specific Covid related safety arrangements for these events so am unable to make an informed decision on how safe I personally will feel about joining in. I'm assuming I will take part as I'm sure M (choir director) will put effective safety arrangements in place, and more importantly, will enforce them.


Online Classes and Talks

Today: Photography, History in Music

Wednesday: Nutrition Club

Thursday: Indian Cooking 

Friday: Nutrition Focus  


Health and Fitness:

I have blood tests scheduled for this week but the appointment hasn't been confirmed via text as it usually is, so will need to check on that.

It'll depend on pain levels but I'm hoping to achieve 30 minutes of walking every day, still in 10 minutes slots.


Home and Garden

Home: There's just the usual household chores to do this week. Tweaking my routine is working well as I get the daily list of chores completed and out of the way first thing.

Garden: I want to rearrange some of the newly planted pots and just generally tidy up. Some of the garden furniture can go back in the garage (ready to be sold) once I've moved things around in there. Mostly I want to sit on my bench with a mug of coffee and just be me! 


Food: I will go shopping either today or tomorrow to buy the ingredients for some bulk cooking. I want to get back to having a good selection of portioned meals in the freezer so will put the effort in this week. 


End of Lockdown Adventures

  • take some 'red' photos around town for my monthly photo challenge 
  • two shopping trips, one for food and one to the fabric shop(s)
  • attempt some bird photography over at the canal or in the park 


and finally, Hobbies:

Reading: I'm reading the latest e-books in the Surviving the Evacuation series by Frank Tayell. I think I've had my fill of zombie stories but I want to know what happens to some of my favourite characters so will keep reading until the series is complete.

Italian: 15 - 20 minutes daily practice 

Piano: 30 minutes daily practice

Family Tree: I'm meeting with my new cousin via Zoom to go through the branch of the family tree where we connect. I haven't finished researching this but have got back to the 1640s so there is plenty of information to share with her. 

Comments

  1. Good to know there's some good weather on the way and you'll be enjoying meeting up with family and friends. Sounds like a good week ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to be sunny on Tuesday and Wednesday, rain on Thursday and then sunny for the following 10 days. I'm keeping everything crossed that this is correct otherwise I will need to change my plans!

      Delete
  2. I like your plans to just sit in your garden & be. Let's hope that the weather co-operates with those plans. I quite understand your concerns about continuation of COVID safety plans. While we are a long way from abandoning any rules, I already see people pushing it & we are still in lockdown & provincially only 40% of adults are vaccinated with one dose - the number of fully 2 jab vaccinated people in Canada is only about 4-5%. Good luck with the Zoom connection with the newly found cousin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See my response to Eileen (above) re the weather.

      The choir meets in a church so the requirement to keep indoor areas well ventilated won't be easy, or may not even be possible, and for me it depends on there being adequate ventilation. We also don't know who has or hasn't been vaccinated, etc. so there's always going to be that element of doubt.

      I've spoken and texted with this cousin but this is our first face-to-face, albeit a virtual meeting. I'm looking forward to it.

      Delete
  3. Nice plans for this week! Let's hope the weather helps you 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irune. The weather today is cold but dry, so it's not looking too promising but I can hope!

      Delete
  4. I like your plans for the week! I hope the weather will cooperate and you'll be able to achieve most, if not all, of them. I hope the choir getting together in person can be done safely; I suppose you will just have to wait and see how things go and then decide if you are comfortable with it or not. Hope your blood tests go well and your foot continues to feel better. Hope your meeting with your new-found cousin goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feedback last night suggests that quite a few other singers are uneasy about resuming the sessions so soon so at least I'm not the only one feeling anxious.

      It's dry today, but cold, so the weather needs to improve before it feels warm enough to be out and about ... never mind, there's still time for that to change.

      My foot is back to normal (I think) but will still keep the appointments.

      Delete
  5. Some super plans. Have a splendid week. Eileen.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts