This Week ...

It's the May Bank Holiday today but I haven't planned anything special so, with one exception, I just have a normal week to look forward to. The exception? I have an appointment for my second Covid vaccination on Thursday.


Social: the usual choir practice tonight and chats with family and friends during the week. I'm trying to speak to someone every day - it doesn't always work out but it's great when it does.


Online Classes and Talks

Monday: meditation, photography group

Wednesday: nutrition club, happiness hub

Thursday: meditation, Indian cooking 

Friday: mindfulness, nutrition focus 

The ones in italics are ones that I'd like to try out while I still have plenty of free time at home but equally, I won't be upset if I miss them.


Exercise: l've decided to start up the daily walking again. I'm not setting a daily target of steps to achieve but will go by how my joints are holding up.


Home and Garden

Home: The spring cleaning will continue this week. Upstairs is finished and today I am starting in the hallway and cloakroom, which shouldn't take too long at all.

Garden: Some of the new plants and bulbs have arrived so I will be visiting The Nursery to buy some more pots and a couple of climbing roses ready for M's session on Friday. I'm just waiting for four more plants and two patio fruit trees to arrive and that will be it for this year for new planting. Probably!


Food: I printed out a load of recipes yesterday and will work out the shopping list for the ones I'd like to try first. I'll go shopping after I've had my vaccination on Thursday so, assuming I don't experience any side effects, Friday morning will be spent in the kitchen cooking up some tasty new-to-me meals.


and finally, Hobbies:

Reading: I'm still reading 'Started Early, Took My Dog' by Kate Atkinson. I usually like her books but this one is taking a bit longer for me to get in to the story.

Italian: 15 - 20 minutes daily practice 

Piano: Still on the Harry Potter music 

Photography: I've compiled a list of ideas for 'red' photos for my May challenge and I hope to take some of those this week. I'll also make time to practice whatever comes out of the online photography session.

Comments

  1. Lucky you. I'm still waiting to hear about mine.

    And I bet that won't be the end of the planting. You have the bit between your teeth now, and plants are so tempting!
    (still waiting to hear from Hello Fresh)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both appointments were given when the surgery contacted me initially so it's been in the diary for ages. I'll be glad to get it done.

      I think you're right ... I'm sure there will be more plant purchases to come. I don't seem to be able to resist them!

      My Hello Fresh order will be here on the 7th. Thanks for organising that.

      Delete
  2. It's a relief to have that second jab done and dusted. You're right on the exercise front, just do what you are comfortable with, far better for your body than some target number of steps. Enjoy the Bank Holiday today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll be glad to get it over and done with. I think there'll still be another two or three week to wait for the full effectiveness but the figures in this area seem to be very low again, thankfully.

      It's raining, so my plans for a walk today have gone out of the window but me knee is painful today so it's probably for the best. Hope you have better luck where you are. x

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a variety of things planned for the week, especially Thursday's 2nd jab. I imagine that will give you a lot more comfort & relief to being fully vaccinated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to get the house cleaning finished this week so I can have my planned staycation next week. The 2nd jab is the highlight of my week!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you've a good week planned! I'm glad to see that you will be receiving your 2nd dose, this week, and hope the side effects will be minimal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. None of my siblings has a bad reaction after their vaccines so I am hoping it'll be the same for me ... fingers are crossed just in case x

      Delete
  5. Yay for getting the final dose. I need to have a productive week around here, and cleaning is at the top of the list. So I probably should stop my blog reading and get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm procrastinating on the cleaning as well. So far I've answered emails, read and commented on blogs, bought some ticket, placed a couple of orders and phoned a friend. I'm running out of excuses so will have to make a start soon!

      Delete
  6. I'm still doing walking videos, not counting steps but aiming at 30 minutes. It's so easy for me to do it that way. Congratulations on vaccination progress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I searched for some different line dancing videos today, just to ring the changes.

      Thanks re. the vaccination.

      Delete
  7. I hope the vaccine goes well tomorrow and you don't feel any side effects.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts