Weekly Reflections

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with family and friends, but especially ...
  • ... a long phone call (3 hours) with one of my recently re-discovered cousins
  • getting my 2nd Covid vaccination
  • arranging a next day delivery for the monthly supermarket order after leaving it to the last minute to place that order!
  • laughing so much when watching Taskmaster that it hurt!
  • chatting with M while she carried on with the planting and agreeing my shopping list for her next visit
  • making progress with the family tree

I am grateful ...
  • for friends who contact me to check I'm okay
  • for central heating on cold days
  • for the NHS

Lifestyle changes
  • exercise (30 minutes minimum every day): achieved 
  • weight: no change!

Comments

  1. I'm finding there are many more available delivery slots now so that's another reason to be cheerful. That was a long phone conversation but wonderful for you to have that contact with your rediscovered cousins. It has turned cold again and isn't the weather strange. Gardens needed the rain but not that much surely. Have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the online food shopping is definitely getting easier and so a reason to be cheerful. I don't know why the family lost contact but we can catch up now after so many lost years.

      The weather is pretty dire and even when it's sunny, it's too cold to enjoy! I hope you have a good week too xx

      Delete
  2. You had a lovely week. I hope next one is even better than this. Enjoy the Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been a good week thanks. Next week should be good fun as I will be enjoying a staycation. Hope you have a good week too x

      Delete
  3. That _is_ a long phone call! Re-discovering relatives sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I think we'd have been good friends if things had been different.

      Delete
  4. Ah the satisfaction of a really good laugh! You're so lucky to have friends who check in on you. Envious of your vaccine status and looking forward to seeing more of the fruits of M's labour. Enjoy the staycation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Ella. I haven't had a good laugh like that for ages, which shows how much life has changed!

      I'll do a garden update after the staycation.

      Delete
  5. I just love your weekly reflections Eileen as it always makes me look on the bright side of my week. I'm really glad you had so many happy things to reflect on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, I'm glad you like these posts. 'Reasons to be Cheerful' is the brainchild of Lady Ella, who publishes a monthly post. I decided I'd benefit from doing it weekly for exactly the reason you mention - that it makes be look on the bright side and it helps me to stay positive.

      Delete
  6. Love your reasons to be cheerful and grateful. I, too, try to find the bright side of things. :) Enjoy your staycation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts