Tuesday

Well yesterday turned out to be a typical British Bank Holiday ... raining, windy, and cold. It can only get better and the forecast is promising some sunshine for today so let's hope that's right.

Problems with broadband meant that I couldn't link into the choir practice last night so I am hoping to join in with the other group tonight instead. The weekly email from M announced an outdoor singing workshop in July; the details still have to be finalised and of course it will depend on whatever Covid regulations are in place, but it is exciting to have a date for the diary. I feel okay about the possibility of an outdoor event but there are also mumblings about in person practices restarting in September and I have reservations about that - we meet in a church where the windows can't be opened so there is no possibility of adequate ventilation. I'll just have to assess the situation as and when it happens.

Today I'm off to the garden centre to buy some more pots, hopefully some compost, and the two climbing roses. I'll try The Nursery first as that's just up the road but if they don't have what I want, then I'll try the one at Atworth which will give the car a much needed run out. 

Apart from that, and assuming there's no rain, I'd like to get out for a walk. I want to find a good spot within walking distance from home where it is possible to photograph sunsets without including any houses or cars in the image. I've looked on the map and there seem to be a couple of places that'll be suitable but I'm not the best at interpreting maps so we'll see!

Comments

  1. Your garden is going to look absolutely stunning, isn't it?

    What a shame about the connection problems for choir - the plans sound most exciting and I do hope thgings work out for resuming normal practises again.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I'm looking forward to getting the summer annuals in to add a lot of colour 😊

      It's a long time until September so I'm hoping that the situation will have changed considerably by then. It'll be so much better to sing as a group again.xx

      Delete
  2. It rained all day yesterday and has been raining all night and blowing a gale. I do hope there is some sunshine today but it's not looking promising here as it's still raining and blowy. Fingers crossed so you can get out for a walk and take your photographs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's stopped raining for now but still blowing a gale so I don't fancy going out just yet. I'm hoping it'll ease off during the day. Is Tilly bothered by the gale?

      Delete
    2. The gale doesn’t seem to bother Tilly and she will go out in the rain to toilet. It kept me awake last night also someone’s alarm going off in the early hours!

      Delete
    3. Good news about Tilly. Not so good about your disturbed sleep!

      Delete
  3. Too bad you couldn't join the choir, yesterday; hope you'll be able to join with the other group, today. Outdoor singing sounds OK, but, I'd be nervous about singing indoors unless things improve a lot between now and than. Ooh, climbing roses! That sounds nice! What color, if I may ask? Enjoy your day, Eileen and send me some of that rain if you can, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One pink rose and one red one. 🙂

      Broadband seems to be working fine today so I am hopeful that I can join tonight's practice. I don't know what to think about the possibility of singing indoors. On the one hand it's still 4 months away and our Prime Minister was on TV last night suggesting that the country is very close to eliminating the 1 metre social distancing rule, but on the other hand it will mean close contact with too many people in a poorly ventilated room and I can't see that it's worth the risk. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised to hear that we'll be back in lockdown but hope I am wrong about that.

      It's stopped raining here so I can't help with that but we do have plenty of gale force wind if that's of interest!

      Delete
  4. How disappointing not to be part of choir practice. It does seem like life is returning quickly to normal - I saw on the news that your Prime Minister has decided that by June 21st all restrictions will be (possibly) removed. I'll say no more. We are also experiencing rainy chilly days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IMO it's too quick but maybe they'll change what they're saying once the local elections are over and done with!

      We all have access to practice tapes so I can still have a good sing-song even if I miss the practice tonight. ☺️

      Delete
  5. When all this is over and you feel comfortable, you can come and photograph the sunset from my guest room window, if you like x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you missed choir. It is so irritating when technology doesn't work! I can understand your apprehension but good news is coming out regarding the duration of the vaccine all the time. I'm not a big fan of crowds or too much getting together so I'm not rushing out anytime soon to be with a bunch of people. I'm still careful but I feel a little better about being out with other people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is good news about the benefits of the vaccine but the data also supports the need for everyone to be vaccinated for the full benefits to the population as a whole and people still have a choice whether to be vaccinated or not. I'd feel happier about the choir if we could meet in a properly ventilated room that was big enough to allow a degree of social distancing. I'll probably feel more relaxed about it by September though. Part of the problem is getting used to mixing with people again.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts