This Week ...

Today it's the Spring Bank Holiday Monday which means it's the half term holiday so I'm expecting it to be busier out and about while the children off school. I'm planning a couple of trips out but will avoid the more popular places for now.

Social: it's choir practice tonight as usual. I'll be chatting with J and with L at some stage during the week but I think it's unlikely that we'll be able to meet in person ... still, long chats on the phone are just as good.


Online Classes and Talks

Today: Photography, History in Music

Wednesday: Nutrition Club

Thursday: Indian Cooking 

Friday: Nutrition Focus  


Health and Fitness:

I'm hoping to complete 30 minutes of walking every day, still in 10 minutes slots.


Home and Garden

Home: I did most of the housework yesterday so will finish off today by washing the hard floors and wiping down the kitchen cupboards. My main focus for the rest of the week will be to clear the music room, starting with the instrumental books I used for teaching. 

Garden: I'd like to finish off moving the last of the gravel to the front garden as once that's cleared I can measure up for the new (huge) water butt for the back garden. The bulk bag of topsoil is still on the drive and I'd like to move that out of the way. It's still half full, so too heavy for me to move (I did try!), so I may bag some of it until it's light enough to drag the bulk bag into the garage. 


Food: I'll be cooking up foods to portion out for the freezer, aiming to do one or two recipes every day. All the ingredients are here so there's no need for food shopping this week. I'll start on the vegetarian choices today, a veggie chilli and a shepherdess pie, to use up some of the fresh veg.  


End of Lockdown Adventures

  • take some photos for the SPSH this week
  • two trips to National Trust properties by the end of June
  • attempt some bird photography


and finally, Hobbies:

Reading: I need to choose my next book. I feel like reading a detective story but not sure if there is anything suitable in the bookcase.

Italian: 15 - 20 minutes daily practice 

Piano: 30 minutes daily practice

Comments

  1. It all sounds fantastic. Have a wonderful week. It's that photography programme again this evening - I really enjoyed last week's,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Yes, I'll be tuning in to watch it. 😀

      Delete
  2. I like your plans for the week! I hope you have nice weather this week and accomplish all the activities you've planned. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless, well I've done very little today but it is the Bank Holiday so ...
      We may have rain on Wednesday but the rest of the week should be fine and I'm looking forward to at least a couple of trips out.

      Delete
  3. You plans for the week sound good and the sun is shining which is better than what we've been used to this month so that is really good for sitting out in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been out in the garden for most of the afternoon. It's been lovely!

      Delete
  4. Like you I am already into planning for photos for the SPSH. Our lockdown is very unclear at the moment of what's allowed or what's not, but I think the stay at home order releases June 2nd. You have lots of variety planned for the week. Hopefully your weather co-operates for a lovely bank holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have ideas for most of the prompts but am completely stuck on three of them - can't think what to do at all. I'm hoping for inspiration when I'm out and about!

      I hope you regain a degree of freedom on the 2nd.

      Delete
  5. Great plans for the week. I hope you are lucky and the weather helps you. Today we are having a beautiful sunny and warm day. This morning I went for a walk and it was lovely. Let's hope it lasts for the whole week.
    Enjoy the bank holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're forecast rain on Wednesday but the rest of the week should be sunny. I've spent most of today in the garden ... it's been bliss!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts