Saturday

I'm pleased to report that my foot is feeling much better today. The pain has reduced, it's not as swollen or as hot to the touch, and walking is easier. I will still keep the GP appointment though, even if it clears up completely.

It rained during the night but we've had almost non stop sunshine so far today, with just a halfhearted attempt to rain about an hour or so ago. I decided to leave the pots where they are for now until I can sweep the patio. It was very muddy when I looked out first thing but it's drying out nicely and I should be able to sweep the worst of it up later this afternoon. All I've done so far is collect up the unused pots, baskets and canes and move them into the garage, and taken the bird feeders down and put them away (for now) as well. There are too many cats around so I don't want to encourage birds to the garden but any ideas on deterring the cats will be appreciated!

I've been working on my family tree this morning and am making some progress in sorting out the elusive ancestor. I still need to do some piano practice and also my daily 15 minutes of Italian, but that's about it for today. It's the Eurovision Song Contest tonight which I'll be watching with friends - we're all staying in our own homes but will do a WhatsApp video call so we can all chat to each other. I need to print out a score sheet before it starts - I wonder what the voting will be like from the EU countries now the UK have left? I think I will also treat myself to an Indian takeaway to make a bit more of the evening ... the others are bound to be treating themselves and I don't want to be left out!

Comments

  1. India take away sounds lovely; before pandemic I had a favorite India buffet restaurant. With buffet I could have tastes of many different dishes. I am writing a family history/family tree too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indian is my favourite food ... I love it. Your buffet restaurant sounds ideal and I hope it opens up again in the future.

      Good luck with your family history research.

      Delete
  2. Good to hear your foot is better. I imagine your garden must be lovely! I hope you have a good evening. Celie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celie. If it keeps improving at the same rate I'm hoping my foot will be back to normal in a few days. The garden is coming on nicely and it won't be long before all the alliums are flowering. There will be photos next week, now it's all be planted.

      I hope you have a good evening too x

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear that your foot is feeling better, with reduced pain and swelling! Yes, good idea to keep the appointment with the doctor, anyway, to have it checked.

    Rain during the night and sunshine during the day sounds like a very good arrangement, to me. :) Sounds like you've had a very productive morning and hope your evening will be fun. Indian take out sounds like just the right thing. According to my neighbor across the street, I may expect some Armenian food for dinner, tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless, it's not quite back to normal but I class it as discomfort rather than actual pain now. I'll definitely see the doctor because he's suggested, combined with existing symptoms, that he needs to check for rheumatoid arthritis.

      I think we only have another two or three days of rain and then we should have a couple of weeks of sunshine. I'm really hoping that the forecast is correct but at least rain during the night is preferable to rain during the day.

      Enjoy your Armenian food. My Indian meal was delicious.

      Delete
  4. I'm really glad your foot is feeling better Eileen. This weather is pretty awful isn't it. I'll be very glad when better weather arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. We're promised sunshine next week for a couple of weeks. I do hope they have that right for once.

      Delete
  5. I'm pleased your foot is feeling better. Yesterday was a much better day weatherwise although it was raining first thing but then cleared up and we had some sunshine. I don't watch the Eurovision Song Contest but have seen the result on the news website this morning and I could have predicted that, in fact I said as much to my hubby. I read your previous comments about some family trees on Ancestry that are wrong and couldn't possibly be right, people just copy too and it's obvious at times. I hope you had a very enjoyable evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the result I was expecting as well. It wouldn't have mattered how good our song was, and I didn't think much of this year's entry, we still wouldn't have got any points!

      Yes, we enjoyed the evening thanks. It wasn't quite the same as being in the same room together but still a fun Eurovision party nonetheless.

      Delete
  6. Great news that your foot is getting better but I'm gald you are seeing your GP anyway.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I'll definitely keep the appointment with my GP to be on the safe side.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts