Thursday

I had my 2nd Covid vaccination first thing this morning so that's all over and done with. It was actually administered by my own doctor, so I got to see him face to face rather than the disembodied voice on the other end of a phone call. On the way home I stopped at the cash point to withdraw some money in case M does come tomorrow but didn't bother with the garden centre because it started to rain again. 

Yesterday ended up being a family day with long phone conversations with my sister and then with my cousin, so a pleasant way to spend the evening. The supermarket delivery arrived but I left most of it out on the worktop so I could continue the conversation with my sister, which means that my next task will be to put it away properly. I also missed The Great British Sewing Bee so will watch that on iPlayer later today. 

The only other thing in the diary is the Indian cookery class. Today's recipe includes paneer which I don't like so it's unlikely that I will want to cook it for myself although I could probably substitute with tofu. Either way, the demo is always filled with useful tips so it'll be worth watching just for those.

Comments

  1. YEAH - you are now fully vaccinated. I can not imagine how good that feels. Even with the first jab, I feel a sense of relief & hope. How nice to see your own doctor. It sounds like an easy, please yourself day, no must do - I like those kinds of days, it allows The Universe to gift us with possibilities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I got the first jab in March and the second is supposed to be on 5th June but the government here hasn't decided yet what they are doing with the Astrazeneca vaccine that is the one I got...

    It sounds that you had a lovely afternoon on the phone. I don't know what I would do without it. One of my best friends lives an hour from here and another one in Germany so I usually spend a lot of time talking on the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You received your second dose (and got to see your doctor, too!) I sincerely hope that you don't feel anything other than the mildest of side effects, but, I approve of your decision to have an easy rest of the day. Ah, rain! Lovely stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for the second dose! Hope it does what it is meant to do, and that you can have an enjoyable, relaxed summer. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s a relief to have that second jab and feel more protected. I hope you don’t have any side effects after it but not everyone does. It’s good to be seen face to face and I can’t understand why GPs are so reluctant to see their patients. I hope you’ve enjoyed a relaxing rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts