Thursday

Well I definitely can't complain about the service provided by the topsoil company. I ordered it online on Tuesday after the sales office closed at 5pm and it was here on Wednesday just after 8am, and best of all it was on sale so ended up being £30 cheaper than last time I ordered it! 

Impressed as I was by the excellent service, it did arrive in the middle of my breakfast so by the time the lorry had gone the egg had congealed and the toast was cold - I couldn't face eating it so I had some fruit and opted for an early lunch to compensate.

I phoned C's brother but had to cut the call short because another delivery arrived, so didn't speak to him for long. The delivery turned out to be the patio cherry tree. I had visions of a day of interruptions but it settled down after that and I am glad that the tree arrived so quickly after notification of despatch. Like I said before, I just have the pots to buy and everything will be ready for M's next visit. 

I tuned into the nutrition club which was targeted at vegans and vegetarians and how they can ensure that they are including sufficient essential nutrients in their diet. I'm neither but I do try to have at least three meat free days every week so the information is useful as I often struggle to have sufficient protein on those days. 

Actually, there was one more interruption but no complaints on my part as T returned my car, all sorted, no charge. He didn't actually have to do anything as between my house and the workshop it seemed to correct itself. He did check certain things, which went over my head, and is sure the car is safe to drive so a relief both that the car is fixed but mostly that it didn't cost me anything!

I loved the Spice Tailor kit and will be getting some more. I like cooking my own curries from scratch and won't stop doing that but this kit was very speedy with an authentic full flavour. It'll be a good option in the future for the curries that I don't make that often or that need a particular spice I don't keep in stock but I will continue to make my own favourites from scratch. I bought a selection of kits to try out and this time used the chicken biryani one and also made a vegetable curry to go with it. I then watched the Les Miserables All Star Staged Concert which was a perfect way to end the day.

I was planning to try an online escape room game today but have changed my mind and will find something else to do instead. I doubt I'll go out for a jolly because we've been promised rain all day but I am thinking about going out to buy the rest of the pots ... that's a possibility. My other thought is some online clothes shopping. It could turn out to be just the day for some serious retail therapy!

Comments

  1. What a shame about the bad timing of your deliveries but that is good customer service from your top soil supplier. To have your car looked at for free, well you can't get better customer service than that. When I popped into M & S for hubby's birthday cake I did buy myself a cardigan and a pair of trousers, it was very, very quiet in the store. Sounds like a good day yesterday, hope the rain keeps off today. Hubby is going for his second coronavirus jab today so then we will both be sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I didn't use up all my luck in the one day but it was excellent service all round.

      I'm trying online for clothes first because there isn't much choice in town and I don't want to drive to Bath as that's sure to be busy. Did you get a Colin the Caterpillar cake? I hope your husband doesn't get any bad side effects but great news that you'll both be fully vaccinated. xx

      Delete
  2. That bag of dirt is some serious delivery! (col). We are currently living in an extended lockdown, so it feels like an impossible escape from this pandemic "room", & the only hint is "vaccination". In Ontario yesterday they halted completely giving any more OAZ shots, far too many blood clots/death. Research/questions now asked as to why in Canada so many are adversely affected with the OAZ vaccine. I like the idea of some retail therapy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so much easier and cheaper than buying the small bags ... M's suggestion.

      The situation in Canada is worrying isn't it. I hadn't heard that about the OAZ and the high incidence of blood clots specifically in Canada. Let's hope they can work out why.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful day with all the deliveries even if their timing was a bit off. :) Glad your car was checked out and returned without charge and you were able to have a good day, overall. Hope you are having a good day, today, too. I am finally feeling a little better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to hear that you are feeling a little better.

      I was relieved about the car. I'm sure the niggles with it are all to do with it not being driven enough during the last 15 months, but it's still good to have a freebie inspection.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts