Friday

It's rained steadily for most of the day. I was half expecting M to reschedule, and I wouldn't have blamed her if she did, but she turned up smiling and ready to get started. By the time she left the roses, angel's fishing rods, and sweet peas had all been planted in the flower beds, and twenty six containers had been filled with the assortment of vegetables and annuals. Everything has been planted out now and will have to take it's chance with the temperatures but hopefully most will survive and will do well. The newly filled pots are lined up along the back of the house so all I need to do is move them to where I want them on the patio, which I'll do tomorrow and then photograph everything ready for a garden update post. 

The Nutrition Focus was about rebooting energy levels. The first thing is to observe your energy levels throughout the day and see if there is a pattern. For example, do you always feel tired when you wake (suggests sleep issues), or do you have a slump early afternoon (suggests that you need to make changes to what you're eating for lunch), as so on. The resolution may not be entirely nutrition related but nutrition can play a part. I'll let you know how I get on.

My foot is still swollen but not as painful today, thankfully. I have to go into the surgery because, as I thought, it can't be diagnosed with any confidence during a telephone consultation. That will be interesting as I can't get my shoe on at present!

The rest of the day so far has been rather quiet. I'm trying to make sense of one particular ancestor on my family tree who appears in numerous other people's family trees and without exception they all identify a different person as his father. None of them agree on this point and the person I have identified as the father just adds another name to the list of potential subjects for the role. In the end I was getting myself confused with all the different possibilities so have put it to one side and will come back to it tomorrow. 

There's nothing I fancy watching on TV tonight so will either read or listen to some music ... it'll be a something relaxing anyway, as tomorrow I want to rearrange the pots and also make a start on sorting the garage.

Comments

  1. Glad that M showed up even though it was raining and it sounds like the potting up of all your plants went according to plan! Well done!

    Is there someone who could give you a ride to the surgery to have your toe checked? That way, you could maybe wear a slipper or sock on that foot and not worry about having to wear a shoe.

    Glad you tried the spicy scrambled eggs and liked them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M is a real treasure and I was lucky to find her. She just got on with it, despite the weather, and wouldn't even stop for a hot drink.

      I've had three offers of a lift to the surgery it I need it, but today the toe is much better so I may not need any help.

      The eggs weren't what I was expecting but I really liked them 😀

      Delete
  2. Well done M getting all the planting done in less than ideal weather. I like those nutrition tips, thanks for sharing. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The suggestion was to consider energy as a pot and think about the ways the pot gets depleted and the ways the pot get refilled. Depletion can be through poor sleep patterns, poor nutrition, pain, emotional stress, blood sugar imbalance - this isn't the complete list, but it gives an idea and it's all things that put a strain on your body. You can refill your energy pot through good nutrition including always having protein with every meal and snack, but also through things like exercise and sport, sleeping properly, friendships and social activities with the right people (i.e. people who don't bring negativity into your life). Hope that makes sense.

      Delete
  3. More than happy to give you a lift to the surgery when required if you're unable to drive, or get a shoe on or whatever, just text me x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's really kind of you Joy. I keep forgetting you live so close now. My foot is much better today so if it keeps improving it's unlikely that I will need a lift but I will keep your offer in mind. xx

      Delete
  4. M is a real star gardening in the rain and good to know your plants are all out now. It poured down all day yesterday and is still raining this morning and I heard the wind during the night, the weather is crazy this month. Do accept a a lift to the doctor's surgery to have your foot looked at. Good luck sorting out your ancestors, I always have a notebook to hand when I get myself confused sorting out names and dates etcetera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks really good out there today with all the pots planted up. The beans look very sorry for themselves but the rest look fine. We had rain during the night and it looks like more is due any minute, and oh yes we had the wind!

      I'm hoping that my foot will improve enough so I won't need a lift but will ask for help if needed, don't worry.

      I've listed all the possibilities in my family tree and have been able to eliminate most of them straight away and just reinforces that other people's research needs to be checked. The father I'm looking for is a William (named on the marriage cert) but so many of the family trees have the father as being a Thomas!

      Delete
  5. Well done, M. You have a real treasure there, don't you.
    Good luck with the visit to the surgery (sign of the times when seeing your GP is such an adventure!) I'm sure you will get a lift.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do! She was absolutely brilliant and didn't cut corners even though the weather was dire.

      I have offers of a lift but if my foot continues to improve, I should be able to drive myself. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts