This Week ...

Normal life is resumed after last week's daily treats to remember Ced. I don't have a particular highlight of the week to look forward to this week so I am aiming to stay positive and make the most of every day. The weather forecast for the week isn't too promising with rain due on six out of the seven days so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they have it right about the one dry day they've promised!

Social: it's choir practice tonight and our newest song is 'Get The Party Started' by Pink. 


Online Classes and Talks

Today: Photography

Wednesday: Nutrition Club, Happiness Hub

Thursday: Indian Cooking 

Friday: Nutrition Focus  


Exercise:

Walking: I'm back to walking around the house, currently three times a day for ten minutes each time. At the moment it feels like enough as my left knee is now permanently swollen but actually holding up well in terms of the pain. 


Home and Garden

Home: I need to do some housework after not doing any last week. I did most of the washing over the weekend so will change my bed sheets today and hoover throughout the house, then bathrooms  tomorrow and kitchen on Thursday. The last bit of the spring cleaning can wait until next week.

Garden: M is due on Friday but I'm half expecting her to reschedule if the weather is as bad as forecasted. There are lots of plants awaiting her attention, some waiting outside and there's still the trolley full in the dining room. I was hoping that she'd be able to plant up most, if not all, of the ones on the trolley as some are outgrowing their baby pots but I have a feeling she may advise to wait a while longer.


Food: I haven't really planned my meals for this week so it will be pot luck. The recipe from last week's Indian Cookery class was a channa masala which I'd like to try, so will soak the chickpeas today and that can be tomorrow's meal. I'll need to do some food shopping this week so whatever I buy will determine what I eat! 


End of Lockdown Adventures: I mentioned last week about Joy's bucket list idea. I'm pinching her idea to focus on activities that make me leave the house and spent time outdoors, either on my own or with other people, and I'm starting this week. I did mention the first things on my list in a previous post but have changed my mind and my list now looks like this ...

  • In the next 7 days: walk along the canal to photograph the lambs in the field but if it's too wet then a drive out and a car picnic
  • In the next month (up to the end of May): some shopping trips. The first one for food shopping and to spend the last of my Christmas and birthday tokens. The other trips will be to look for fabric - there are a couple of fabric shops in town which I'll try first, but there also used to be one in Bradford on Avon and a couple in Warminster, so I'd like to see if they are still trading.
  • In the next 12 monthsattempt some bird photography either in Calne (mandarin ducks), BoA (kingfisher), Corsham (peacocks), or Trowbridge cemetery (all sorts)


and finally, Hobbies:

Reading: I'm reading 'Three Hours' by Rosamund Lupton

Italian: 15 - 20 minutes daily practice 

Piano: 30 minutes daily practice

Family Tree: emails are flying back and forth between my new cousin and myself, which is great and I am helping her identify where she fits into the family tree. This week I want to spend some time trying to identify which branch of the family each of my other DNA matches fits into, and then start the laborious job of working out how we are actually related ... there are over 500 who are listed as being 4th cousin or closer but it's unlikely I will be able to identify the entire list as so many of them haven't created a searchable tree. 

Comments

  1. You have more in your DNA list than I have and yesterday I identified a match with someone with an unlinked tree of just 10 people and we share 43 cm across 3 segments and to me that was very satisfying, traced the line back to the late 1700s. You're right about so many with no trees at all but it's good to work through the list. Having your plan to photograph lambs and a picnic in the car sounds lovely. The weather is dreadful for May after it being such a nice, dry and sunny April it's very strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is satisfying to find the link and you did well with an unlinked tree of only 10 names.

      The weather is awful but we are promised a couple of weeks of sunshine, starting next week so I'm happy about that. Hope you get the sunshine too.

      Delete
  2. I hope you found last week an comfort and a help. It was a lovely things to do.

    This week sounds good too - enjoy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last week was therapeutic in a gentle sort of way and I glad I did it again this year. xx

      Delete
  3. I like your plans for the week, even if you don't have a particular highlight of the week to look forward to. Our week is supposed to include several cloudy days (not sure about any rain), but, I'm fine with that. I would like a little bit of rain, though, if possible. Especially since I am unable to go out and water the garden, yet. I suppose I could ask my daughter to water for me, but, she's already doing so much that I hate to ask her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite a gently paced week so I should be able to fit in a shopping trip or two even if it rains.

      I'd love to be able to send some rain your way. It'll be a shame if your plants suffer from the lack of watering, but maybe M will be able to help you out. Does your daughter's room look out over the back garden? Maybe you could sneak out while she's working 🤣

      Delete
  4. You have lots of rainy day activities planned out for the week, some sound like they will take all your focus so you won't even notice the rain. (col). Please send some of the rain this way, it is already so bone dry here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless asked for the rain first so you'll have to join the end of the queue, sorry!😂 I'm getting fed up with it but am also hoping that all this rain means there won't be a hosepipe ban during the summer months.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts