Boxing Day

Many thanks for your comments yesterday and apologies for not responding to you individually.

A good friend sent me the following image as her wishes for me this Christmas ... 


Last minute changes to Christmas Day plans meant that I've nearly completed the entire list without even trying. I was woken by an early morning phone call, never a good thing, to hear that arrangements to meet with friends were moving to Plan B as two of them had tested positive for Covid. We still 'met' but via Zoom instead of in person so hugs were virtual but just as welcome. Later in the day I heard from my friend's daughters who said that they had called round on Christmas Eve but had missed me and that it was probably just as well as one of them has also tested positive for Covid. It's scary!

Anyway, the Zoom meeting was great - I laughed so much, it hurt - and then settled down for a quiet day, snuggled under blankets to carry on reading The Man Who Died Twice by Richard Osman. I've nearly finished it and am enjoying it just as much as I'd hoped I would. I took time out from reading to watch the Queen's Speech and then sang along with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, which I've watched so many times I've lost count but I do love all the songs! I definitely made someone smile on receiving a gift as E is over the moon with the trumpet and music books I gave to him, and I finished off the evening with a steaming mug of hot chocolate. So according to the wish list I just need to stand outside and marvel at the stars, and contemplate how magical life is ... easy peasy! It'll need to stop raining before I attempt marvelling at the stars although I could compromise and look through the bedroom window, and I already know just how magical life is and how lucky I am to have the life I do, though some time spend appreciating that will be time well spent.

I don't have any plans for today which suits me just fine and I'm looking forward to a relaxing day at home and finishing my book. I've been awake for a while and have already opened my Twelve Days of Christmas gift ... some undies, much needed but no photos as I don't think the world is ready for that! 

Comments

  1. I loved the Queen's Speech this year. Often it all seems a bit remote but this year it was personal and from the heart, bless her.

    I'm starting the Osman this morning - I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    Happy Boxing Day xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Queen's speech as well. As you say, different than previous ones but very personal and relatable. I did shed a few years afterwards.

      I've just finished reading the Osman book. It's had very mixed reviews but I laughed more at this one than I did with his first book. Looking forward to book number 3 now.

      Happy Boxing Day to you too xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a very good day. Such a shame your plans had to be changed and I hope your friends with the virus don't go on to become too ill. I admire the Queen very much and liked her speech this year as it was so personal for her. Enjoy Boxing day Eileen. Haha I'm glad you spared us a photo of your new undies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lovely day thanks Eileen. I'd half expected plans to change because that seems to be the way of things now, so I wasn't disappointed and still got to 'see' everyone. So far they all seem to have mild symptoms, like a cold, so hopefully it won't get any worse and they will recover quickly.

      The Queen's speech was much more personal this time. I think she's very good at choosing the right tone, as in the speech she did at the start of the lockdowns.

      I hope you have a lovely Boxing Day too.

      Delete
  3. That's a really nice list of things to do! And how lovely that you were able to do most of them in one day! Happy Boxing Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good list. I've printed a copy and will frame it to keep in with the decorations so I can re-read it every Christmas.

      Happy Boxing Day to you too xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts