Thursday 23rd December

Yesterday was a good day as, even though I didn't manage to do half of what I'd planned to, the food delivery arrived and I now have everything I need for Christmas. Everything I ordered was available, which is a relief. The delivery turned up in plenty of time so I was able to put everything away and settle down to watch the Great British Sewing Bee with time to spare. On the not so good side, I didn't get to see either of my nephews so won't see them now until some time next week.

I have a couple of things I want to do today and once they're done Christmas begins and I can stop the preparations and start enjoying myself! My nephews will be out but I have to drop Miss C's birthday card round so it doesn't get forgotten in all the excitement, and I also need to drop the music stuff for E (great nephew) round to my sister's home as she will be seeing him on Christmas Day.

Apart from that there are a couple of online classes - Indian cookery and the Age Well one. I'll definitely watch the cookery session because today's recipe is a Brussel Sprouts Kofta Curry, which I'd like to make at some time during the holiday. The Age Well class is 'How to Age Well at Christmas' and although I've enjoyed the previous sessions I doubt that I'll bother with this one ... it's only once a year and I want to enjoy myself in my own way!

The priority for today is to finish reading 'The Never Game' by Jeffrey Deaver so I can start on my Christmas choice tomorrow. I have about a third of the book left to read, so should finish it easily.

Comments

  1. Glad to read that your groceries were delivered and you received everything you wanted! Sorry you didn't get to see your nephews, but, hopefully, you'll still see them before the new year. Sounds like you've a busy day, planned! Hope you have a fun day, too, and get everything done so you can enjoy your Christmas celebrations. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting lots of substitutions with the order but there weren't any problems and I now have a well stocked pantry and freezer.

      I'm sure I'll get to see my nephews before the year is out. Things will quieten down a little after Boxing Day so it'll be easier to arrange something.

      Thanks Bless, today should be a good day xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for reminding me of the Indian cookers - must check the time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news that Your Christmas celebrations can begin. My own advice about aging well at Christmas would be to let the child in you (that is everyone) out for the day or & to drop all adult knowledge & believe in the magic again (col). Did you enjoy Loreena McKennitt's music?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My inner child is out and loving life all the time 🤭

      Yes I loved her music. Thanks for introducing me to her x

      Delete
  4. That's good you received all your groceries and didn't miss the Great British Sewing Bee, it was an enjoyable programme wasn't it. Shame you didn't see your nephews but you'll see them soon. The Brussel Sprouts Kofta Curry sounds interesting. Enjoy your Christmas celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it all worked out with the timings. I enjoyed the Sewing Bee, just need to find when the second programme is on.

      It'll probably be better to see them and the rest of the family later in the holidays as everyone will have more time.

      The recipe for the sprout kofta curry looks really complicated but now I've seen it being cooked, I will have a go ... it's much easier than it seems.

      I hope you have a lovely Christmas too xx

      Delete
  5. So nice to reach the stop-doing and start-enjoying part of Christmas, isn't it. I don't think anyone can ever be totally prepared, many of us just decide to stop preparing, instead of pushing for more and more. I certainly would have been curious about how to age well at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely ... Christmas has started in this home ☺️

      I don't go overboard with all the prep and goodies but I do have some treats planned and I have everything I need.
      If she recaps on ageing well at Christmas next time I'll let you know what she says.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts