Monday 13th December

First things first ... the three items I'd had enquiries about sold over the weekend, all three for my asking prices, so I'm a happy bunny! That's probably it for the decluttering this side of Christmas. There are still unsold items advertised as cash on collection, so there may still be more sales, but I don't plan to do anything else on the decluttering front until the new year.

Procrastination ruled yesterday so although I felt busy-ish when I was pottering about, I actually achieved very little! All of which means that none of the batch cooking was done so that's a priority for today. There's nothing in the diary so I have no excuses ... it's a day of kitchen duties for me with a bit of piano and Italian practice thrown into the mix. I will also be able to have a play with my new air fryer; I originally had a Tefal Genius which was really too big for a household of one and took up way too much room on the worktop in my tiny kitchen so I did a deal with a friend who had bought an Instant Vortex Mini air fryer but which was too small for her family. We negotiated a swap with her adding some cash to make up the value, so now I have a new toy to play with and also almost have enough money towards buying a compact bread maker if I ever make up my mind about getting one!

I still don't feel very Christmassy but hopefully this week will go a long way towards getting me into the spirit of the season. I have made a start on things; the cards are in the post or will be hand delivered this week, and I've made arrangements to meet with a few of my friends to exchange gifts later in the week - we're doing it earlier than usual in case the Covid restrictions change again as the number of cases increase. I now only buy for the under 18s in the family and they prefer to have money so the bank transactions have been set up to transfer on the 23rd - it seems very impersonal but that's what is wanted so I am going with the flow, and to be honest it is much easier for me! I just have to buy a card for Miss C's birthday on Christmas Day so that's on the list for when I go shopping later in the week. I've started on the Christmas music and am enjoying that, but it's not quite the same as playing or singing in a group, and of course I won't be playing with friends in the hospital wards on Christmas Day either. I'm sure if I dig deep enough the spirit is there!

Comments

  1. That sounded an ideal swap for your air fryer, I wouldn't be without my Tefal fryer but agree they are too big. If you do eat chips now and again I recommend these Tesco Homestyle Straight Cut Oven Chips 950G they come out really crispy and delicious cooked in my air fryer. Well done on selling your items and fingers crossed you will have a few more sales. That was a lovely thing to do to play in hospital wards at Christmastime, such a shame it's not possible now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really pleased with the swap. The new one takes up a lot less space but is still too big to fit into a cupboard, so it will have to live on the worktop. Thanks for the chips recommendation, I will buy some when I have my next delivery.

      It is a shame that we can't play in the hospital wards. It was a very special experience and meant a lot to so many of the patients.

      Delete
  2. Great news about selling those items. It's going really well now, isn't it?
    I'll be interested in how you get on with the new-to-you air fryer. The bigger ones do take up loads of room, don't they?
    I seem to have an over-abundance of Festive feeling around here so am sending you some - catch!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is going well though I'm running out of enthusiasm for the task so a break from it over the Christmas period should recharge me ... hopefully!

      I like the new air fryer though have only used it once so far. It's the type that has the pull out drawer so part way through the cooking time you are prompted to turn the food, unlike the Tefal one which has the paddle to turn the food as it is cooking. This was takes up a lot less space on the worktop and I also think I'm less likely to cook too much in the smaller cooking basket ... a single portion always looked a bit lost in the bigger Tefal machine.

      🎅🎅 I've caught it, many thanks ... {waits patiently to see if it works} 🎅🎅

      Delete
  3. Yeah to getting those sales done. I am still waffling about a bread maker; I just know I would make to much use of it. I hope you have fun with the air fryer. I am sure the Christmas spirit will take hold, now that you have some tasks done on the sales. Good idea to pause over the holidays on de-cluttering. Our wild weather over the weekend took all the snow, which Mr Man needs for a boost on his Christmas spirit & it doesn't look like snow this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't decide about getting a bread maker. I know I'd eat a lot more bread if I did! I haven't used the air fryer yet today - I'll be making use of it to cook the chicken for dinner tonight.

      I'm a bit disappointed that I haven't finished the decluttering this side of Christmas which was my target, so hopefully will get it all over and done with by the end of January.

      I think snow would just about finish me off, but do hope you get some more is that's what Mr Man wants xx

      Delete
  4. Yay for having all 3 items sold at your asking price! And yay for the air fryer swap! My daughter was expressing some interest in an air fryer, but, she hasn't decided on getting one, yet. Her kitchen at the apartment is very compact - it takes up one short wall (about 8 ft.) on the living room side of her studio apartment. Very limited counter space and cupboard space.

    You have done a lot of decluttering, this year, and motivated some of us to declutter more. Maybe give yourself time till spring to be all decluttered?

    I hope you will feel more Christmassy closer to the day. I still haven't got my cards written!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This new air fryer is much smaller than the one I swapped. It's the right size to cook for 1 or 2 people and is only 28.6cms D x 22.9 CMS W x 29.8cms H, but there are smaller ones on the market. One thing to note is that you have to have the space to be able to use it safely - this model states that there must be 5 inches of space all round when it is use.

      I'm keen to get the decluttering finished but equally a little tired of doing it. Your suggestion is probably more realistic than my end of January target, so thank you. There's no point in making myself ill about it.

      I watched a Christmas film on TV today - The Twelves Dates of Christmas - which was a bit corny but more watchable than some 😂
      I've done my cards earlier than I usually do. Aren't you feeling stressed about it with cards to write and gifts to finish?

      Delete
  5. Well, I can join you as a happy bunny. I had several things sell on eBay over the weekend. I had meant to take my stuff down as I didn't want to be worrying about getting things posted after the 10th. But I am glad to have the items gone. I posted the 2 packages as well as 75% of my Christmas cards today. I hope to finish the cards tomorrow. Of course, another item sold later today, so I can send it tomorrow when I visit the PO again. And then I will take the items off the site until January. Luckily there was only a short line today, and the weather wasn't so cold that it was hard to wait in line outside (only 2 persons allowed in the small PO lobby at a time. I am sure that the Christmas spirit will hit you sooner or later; I have always found that to be the case, even in years when I felt a bit hum-buggish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your sales. My latest ads are all cash on collection so I will leave them up until the end of the week and then take them down ... I don't want to bother with them next week at all.

      I think I'll get into the Christmas spirit once I get past this week. The uncertainty of stricter Covid rules coming in to force just before Christmas Eve isn't helping but I do have some visiting and Zoom meets planned and that's bound to help.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts