Wednesday 29th December

... and just to prove that I can solve the calendar puzzle, here's yesterday's effort ... 


I settled for a quiet day yesterday, sleeping for most of the morning and then an afternoon of reading and piano practice, and I sorted out the edge pieces on my Christmas jigsaw. I also made a start on the clothes shopping. It seems that I'm at that awkward stage of falling between two sizes but I did place an order with M&S from their petites range for some black trousers, a grey marl sweatshirt and a blue cardigan. I've opted for the smaller of the two sizes as M&S clothes tend to be a generous fit on me, so hopefully it'll all look good and I'll have a couple of new outfits to wear. I was given an Amazon token for Christmas so have used that to buy a cookbook for my new air fryer and added a pack of freezer clips to the order to use up the rest of the money. 

This is my Twelve Days gift for today - two Harry Potter mugs. The bigger one is for soups and hot chocolate drinks!


Today's excitement is that I'm seeing J for lunch. We're meeting at the garden centre in town which is walking distance for her and easy parking for me ... I'll be safe going there at this time of year as we'll be going straight to the café and I won't be tempted to buy any plants or pots! I plan to go early though and have a quick look around Tu Clothing in Sainsburys, which is just around the corner from the garden centre. I saw a couple of nice tops when I was looking online yesterday so, if they have them in my size, I'll buy them.

Back at home I should think about revising my budget now I am in receipt of my state pension and also do some meal planning for January, but I think it's more likely that I'll be tempted to carry on with the jigsaw, do some more reading and bash my way through a few tunes on the piano instead ... grown up stuff can wait until next year!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you posted a photo of the calendar challenge. I had a look at the link you posted yesterday and thought they were a tad expensive but seeing this today has made me want to buy one. I do a daily Solitaire card game challenge on the iPad so I'm sure I could do this every day too. Enjoy your lunch today, I went to our garden centre on Christmas Eve and disappointingly the cafe was closed and hardly anyone in the whole place. Enjoy your day, this week between Christmas and the New Year is a time to relax and enjoy yourself, I agree that grown up stuff can wait :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there was only one solution to the puzzle I'd agree that it's a bit expensive, but it's a new puzzle every day so that changes the goalposts. Mine has the year tiles up to 2025 so I have four years of a new puzzle ever day, which makes it good value.

      The garden centre was open and thankfully not too busy so we stayed longer that usual and had a good chat and laugh together.

      I'm glad you agree that grown up stuff can wait ... I don't feel guilty now and can just blame you and Bless 😂

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow, that puzzle looks very challenging! Do you have to redo it for each and every day? My daughter likes your HP mugs! :D Glad you were able to get more sleep, yesterday, and make a start on your clothes shopping. I hope you enjoy your lunch with J and the clothes shopping continues to go well. Yes, grown up stuff can wait until the new year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you have to redo it every day. It's challenging enough but not impossible, so I will get a lot of fun from it.

      Tell you daughter she has good taste. I'm really pleased with the Gryffindor mug, it's just the right size for me.

      I had a lovely lunch with J but didn't buy the new tops - I didn't like them when I saw them so will carry on looking. The ones I ordered online should be arrive tomorrow.

      Thanks for confirming that grown up stuff can wait ... I don't feel guilty now and can just blame you and Eileen 😂

      Delete
  3. I like big mugs & I cannot lie ... What fun mugs those are. And well done you with the puzzle. I was sorting through a cupboard yesterday & discovered 3 brand new tops that I had bought some time well into the past (years ago); 2 white & one red ... along with a pair of white slacks (which will have to wait to be worn in June) so I'm sorted for something new to wear in the new year (lol). Hope you have a good day visiting & shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd like the HP mugs! I prefer smaller mugs for hot drink and use the bigger ones for soup or hot chocolate.

      That was a happy discovery finding the new tops and slacks. Had you completely forgotten about them?

      Delete
    2. Yes, finding them was a WT moment ... two of the tops (a red & a white are the same style & light weight) but all were still with their tags & packaging. I think they slipped down the back & I've haven't taken everything right out in a long time. But what puzzles me most is why were they in with my winter sweaters. They were my purchases as Mr Man would never buy me clothes ... so my mystery to solve (lol).

      Delete
    3. Ced would never buy me clothes either but I did eventually train him to give me a blank cheque and let me go shopping on my own! 😂😂

      Delete
  4. Love, love, love those mugs!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts