Monday 27th December

It's sales shopping today ... online, of course. The one thing that's really lacking in my wardrobe is some warm casual clothing suitable for wearing on walks and the like. I have a rough idea of what I want so will be looking for, and hopefully finding, pieces that will mix and match to create a couple of different outfits. I'm not sure how easy it will be to find the colours I want though as it all seems to be earthy browns and greens at the moment whereas I want burgundy, navy and greys, so we'll see how it goes. I also need some new boots or walking shoes but haven't decided yet how I'll go about buying those; I have one foot longer than the other so find it almost impossible to get anything that fits. Ideally I'd try footwear on before buying so would prefer to shop in-store but ... Covid anxiety and all that ... I may have to try online this time and just deal with the hassle of returning any unwanted items. 

This evening I'll be joining friends on Zoom for a quiz. It's been organised by K and is a recap of 2021 so, as I've been avoiding newspapers and TV news reports for most of the year, I'm not sure how well I'll do. It's bound to be fun anyway.  

I haven't opened my Twelve Days gift yet so will add that to tomorrow's post.

Comments

  1. I never thought about sales shopping. Where are you planning to look? Happy hunting!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be searching for stores that stock a petite range. I haven't really started yet ... had to give in a go back to bed thanks to a migraine!xx

      Delete
  2. I hope you find just what you need and at a bargain price. Enjoy the quiz this evening, we watched some of the Big Fat Quiz of the Year last night and I didn't know hardly any answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been in bed with a migraine so will do most of the searching and shopping tomorrow now. Hoping to be okay for the quiz later on though. You've made me feel better - glad I'm not the only one who hasn't kept up with the news! xx

      Delete
  3. Quizzes are fun. I did the New York Times one the other day, and only missed a few. They had spelling at the end of it, which really was no problem. I am a good speller, but since I was doing it on my phone, the auto-spell-check was finishing the words before I could type it all out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also switch auto spell check off - I find it as annoying as the paperclip was in MS Office! I love quizzes and usually do okay on them provided there's no sport or politics questions.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear you had a migraine; hope you are feeling better now and was able to participate in the quiz. Good luck with the online sales shopping! We did a bit of that, today, ourselves, ordering some dry cat food and two new sets of flannel bed sheets (one for my bed and one for daughter's).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm over it now and felt well enough to do the quiz, thanks. I wasn't up to sales shopping yesterday but did some today and ordered a pair of trousers and two tops. I was given an Amazon token at Christmas so have to decide what I want to spend that on next. Were your sheets in the sale?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts