Friday 23rd December

357/365: ooh look! I have a bread-maker😀 

Guess who's the happy owner of a shiny new bread-maker? So much for a delivery on December 27th ... it arrived mid afternoon yesterday, not that I'm complaining at all. I'm reverting to Plan A and it's freshly baked bread when I wake up on Christmas Day. Still no sign of the baby's bauble though. I did get an envelope from one of my brothers ... just the envelope, the card had been lost somewhere. At least I know they'd thought of me!

I spend most of yesterday curled up on the sofa, sleeping and feeling under the weather with what I thought was the start of a heavy cold. It got progressively worse during the day but there's absolutely no sign of it all today ... one of those 24 hour bugs I suppose. My sister has been poorly all week so I'll phone later to see how she is feeling. She texted yesterday and said she was hoping to be back on her feet by Christmas Day so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her - I think she is hosting her family meal this year.

I'll only go out today if the bauble does turn up. I will have to do a bit of rearranging in the kitchen to make room for the bread-maker but that won't take long, and the rest of the day will be spent catching up with blog comments and then catching up with some of the TV programmes I've missed this week or in other words, a really lazy afternoon plonked in front of the TV!

Comments

  1. It's arrived!!! How lovely - you will have such fun.
    I'm sorry you were feeling so rough yesterday and very thankful that whatever it was didn't last long. A lazy day in front of the telly sounds just perfect and one of the many advantages of single living. Enjoy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's here and I may be over excited! Thankfully I thought to buy the flour and yeast etc. so I can get started without needing to go shopping again.

      Did you watch the celebrity Great British Sewing Bee? xx

      Delete
  2. I expect your brother was aware that you had (allegedly) two cards from me, so decided he didn't need to send you one! Looking forward to trying some of your home-made bread next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was more that he was too dopey to seal the envelope and the card has been lost in the post somewhere!

      I'll look forward to use you as a taster when I start experimenting with the recipes 😊

      Delete
  3. Yay! You have your new bread maker, and before Christmas, too! How wonderful! Sorry to hear that you were feeling under the weather, but, so glad that you are feeling better now! Hope you continue to feel well and hope your sister is feeling better, too.
    Too funny about receiving only the envelope from your brother! Wonder if the missing card took off with a missing sock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was totally shocked to get the notification that it was being delivered. I can't complain about getting it delivered so quickly can I? I'm feeling back to normal today, no signs of a cold or anything and my sister is feeling a little better.

      At least I know my brother was thinking of me! Who knows where it has ended up ... nobody knows where the missing socks go so it's possible 😂

      Delete
  4. Great news about the bread maker getting delivered before Christmas - way to go Santa! Now about the missing brother's Christmas card ... was the envelope ripped so that the card slipped out or was the envelope sealed without the card? If the envelope was sealed but the card missing, that's a funny family story that needs to go into the ancestry files. Happy Christmas to you Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The envelope was in one piece but it hadn't been sealed so I think the card just dropped out. I just need to explain what the sticky strip on the envelope is for!

      Happy Christmas to you too Mary-Lou x

      Delete
  5. Hi Eileen
    Today to wish you Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
    Thanks for your visits.
    Hugs
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ailime and thank you for all the times you have visited my blog. Happy Christmas to you xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely breadmaker. I have a panasonic one that I have had for about 18 years and still going strong, I think its a case of you get what you pay for. Have just been up by you doing our Christmas visit to all our family in Hilperton/Trowbridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilperton is just up the road from me, I'm in Staverton.

      We had a Panasonic bread-maker before and that was excellent before it breathed it's last! I didn't really look at any other makes.

      Delete
  7. I have a bread maker, and love making bread; it's not good for my waist line though...LOL Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm worried about but you never know, I may develop some willpower and not eat too much! 😂

      Merry Christmas to you too xx

      Delete
  8. Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoy many happy days with warm bread and jam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too Celie, hope you have a lovely time.

      I'm so looking forward to enjoying homemade bread again, oh and jam if you insist 😊 xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts