Friday 30th December

364/365: gaultheria procumbens ... the healthiest looking plant in the garden at present!
 

Shall we start with the good news? My sister has been told that there is no malignancy or anything untoward evident in all the tests she's had so far. There one more set of results to come but the news so far is the best. Of course it hasn't identified the cause of her illness but she is slowly getting better and this is a good end to the year ... 2023 is going to be so much better. The other bit of good news is that there is no bad news to report!

After a slow start ... I went back to bed and grabbed another couple of hours sleep ... yesterday ended up being a productive day. I delivered the baby's bauble, gave the car a good run out, and returned my library books. Then back at home I made a start on tweaking my budget for next year. I know I'll have the money for the biggest purchases and will be able to resume piano lessons assuming there is a space for me with my chosen music school, but I still have to work out whether I can afford a couple of extras I'd like. I also have to replace my camera but that's being financed by the money I make from selling unwanted items. This all took most of the afternoon and I still haven't finished as it involves moving some money around but I've made a good start and will carry on with it today. It is a relief to know I can get on and make arrangements to get some of the bigger jobs done.

I also did some serious thinking about my health and fitness and have come up with a list of questions to discuss with Amy about creating a sensible exercise regime for myself. I'd already sorted out a meal plan of sorts for January so I had a quick look at it yesterday and want to spend a bit of time tweaking it today. If I make a few changes I can use up some of the freezer portions and won't need to go shopping until the middle of the month, and then only for fresh veg and fruit.  

So today is another day of sorting all my ideas and thoughts into separate lists, moving some monies around, and tweaking the meal plan. I've done the 'home' and 'health and fitness', and I think the next lists will be 'hobbies/interests' and 'garden'. I've also started a jigsaw so have that to work on and will keep going with the piano and Italian practices as usual. And today's Twelve Days gift is a puzzle book so I'm sure to do some of those as well. 

Comments

  1. That is such good news about your sister! I am so happy for you both! You had a busy day, yesterday, and it sounds like you'll be keeping yourself occupied, today, too. :) I've been thinking about my budget for next year, too, and home improvements. 2023 is the year I want to get to some of those projects that were put off due to Covid, etc. I might wait until daughter leaves, however, to start thinking about all that - I want to just relax and enjoy being with her for now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant news isn't it. I'm so relieved for her.

      I have been keeping busy but nothing too energetic! I'm hoping that 2023 is the year I can finish off all the home improvements I want to do and I hope you are able to get some of your projects done. I don't blame you for wanting to enjoy every single minute of your daughter's visit home. There's plenty of time for planning and budgets after she has gone back to Berkeley. xx

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful colour those new leaves are. A very happy new year to you Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful I agree. And a Happy New Year to you too Aril xx

      Delete
  3. So glad you had good news about your sister. I am looking forward to seeing your lists and plans for next year. I have started thinking about some of my ideas in terms of 1 idea of things to do per month. I did this last year and apart from couple it worked out well. For example making all the cards for the year in January. Another idea I have is sorting all my loose photographs out. Last year I also had 2 no spend months, (apart from must pay bills, so no treats). I want to continue this and have choosen February and October. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. I may have to pinch your idea of one thing per month ... that would work well for some of the things on my list. Good luck with your no spend months. I have this down for later in the year (no specific months yet) as the early part of the year is to focus on the rest of the home improvements so I know without doubt that they won't be no spend no matter how well I think I've planned for everything! xx

      Delete
  4. Wonderful news for your sister. Lists are a good way to review the wants, the shoulds, the musts. We need to get on with making some plans for 2023 our head just isn't in the game yet. Wishing you all the very best in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great news for my sister. My lists are getting longer every day ... now I've started I can't seem to stop, so it's highly likely that 2023 won't have enough days in it for me to do everything on the lists! Hope you can get started with your planning before too long. Happy New Year to both of you xx

      Delete
  5. smooth sailing, that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very glad to hear about your sister; you must all be so relieved! Gosh you are good at planning! Hope all works out well, especially with the piano lessons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's fantastic news and most definitely relieved.

      I quite enjoy the planning stage. I only have myself to blame if I don't make the effort to sort out how I'll spend my time etc to live the best life I can next year.

      I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the piano lessons but if this particular place doesn't work out, there are other options. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts