Friday 9th December

343/365: a camellia bud on a frosty morning

I got all my Christmas cards in the post yesterday. Whether they will get there in time for Christmas with all the planned postal strikes, I don't know but at least they are on the way. I'll deliver all the local ones by hand. 

The selling is going well. Of the four larger items, two items will be collected tomorrow, another one was collected yesterday, so there's only one more still to be sold. There's plenty of smaller items still to sell but they don't really take up much space so they're not getting in my way! I will be glad when it's all gone though.

I've heard from the garage door company and my new door will be installed on January 9th, so not that long to wait now. It's earlier than they'd originally promised but I'm not complaining and it's another thing I'll be glad to get done and out of the way. Once it is done I'll be able to move everything back to its proper place in the garage and won't need to squeeze past things to get to the freezer. 

We know the baby's name now so I have ordered his personalised first Christmas bauble, something I did for all my nieces and nephews and for all their children as well. I'm not confident that it will arrive in time to be on their tree this year but it's the thought that counts isn't it? He's Baby A and has a headful of lovely blond hair ... I saw some photos of him yesterday. I've added him to the family tree already but still need to confirm whether he will have a middle name or not. I couldn't tell from the photos who he takes after but he is a little cutie.

This afternoon I'm trying out the new online calligraphy class and will be practicing the piano before that. I'm trying to play O Little Town of Bethlehem and it is driving me mad ... I can play all of it except for two bars which trip me up every single time and I don't know why because there's nothing too difficult about them at all. Still, practice makes perfect as they say so I will keep practicing!

Comments

  1. You are doing well with your selling and what a lovely way to celebrate a new arrive - with a bauble. Fingers crossed it arrives in time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delivery is estimated for next Wednesday so I'm a bit more hopeful that the bauble will arrive in time for Christmas. I do hope so, xx

      Delete
  2. This is the season for camellias isn't it? M brought me one from his garden, the other day, and I put it in a bowl of water. Sounds like you are making good progress getting the decluttered items sold! Good to hear that the new garage door will be installed sooner than expected! I really like your tradition of giving each new family member a personalized first Christmas ornament! It's something they will cherish! Have fun with the piano practicing! I'm sure you'll have the song perfected by Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My camellia is an autumn flowering one rather than a spring flowering plant. This is the first year it has flowered so I don't know whether it will continue throughout the winter or not ... I'll soon find out won't I! I'm pleased that the garage door will be replaced so soon and be one less thing to worry about!

      They've all had a First Christmas bauble with their name and date on it. Hopefully they all treasure them.

      The piano practice is getting better! I also picked up my flute today for the first time in months and that was fun as well.

      Delete
  3. Pretty camellias. A new garage door will make a big difference, not only in appearance but in convivence of getting in & out of the garage. A lovely gift for the newest arrival into the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm replacing with exactly the same style and colour so it won't look any different, I'll just be able to open and close it again!

      This will be the 14th First Christmas bauble I've bought. 😀

      Delete
  4. Hi Eileen, beautiful photo indeed. I laugh with you for your attempt to play Christmas tunes, i started yesterday to do just that, and was surprised how i need to practice much more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jozien. I definitely need to spend a bit more time practicing the piano ... glad to hear I'm not the only one! I played some on the flute today and that was a lot better.

      Delete
  5. Good job on the selling! I like getting rid of things. I've had quite a few sales. It's nice to see the piles getting smaller and things leaving the house. Are there a lot more strikes before Christmas? I'm hoping my cards make it to sisters on time. I actually got them out early this year! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are five more days notified for strike action before the 25th.

      The two items were collected yesterday so I'm pleased about that. It's good to see things leaving the house to be enjoyed by someone else isn't it?

      Hope you have a good weekend too xx

      Delete
  6. Love that photo and the contrast of the pale pink against the dark green. It is nice that your garage door will be installed a bit ahead of schedule; that would be unexpected these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that the installation date is so soon. Maybe business is slow for them at this time of year?

      Thanks re the photo. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts