Tuesday 20th December

354/365: the pieris will be in flower in January
 

Well things didn't go according to plan yesterday. I received confirmation that the bread-maker would be delivered by 1pm, then was told that it had been delayed but would be with me by 10pm, and then received another notification stating that the parcel was 'undeliverable' and my order was cancelled. I've checked this morning and there is more information, explaining that the packaging was damaged so was being returned to the seller and I will get a refund withing 5 - 7 working days once the seller has received it. So, I won't be getting it before Christmas. I could order another one as A**z*n are saying delivery for Thursday but it's a lot of money to pay out before I receive the refund so I will wait and order in the new year. I'm disappointed but on the other hand it means I have something to look forward to in the new year. The baby's bauble didn't arrive either, but I did get a Christmas card from H which had been ripped in two ... it really wasn't my day for deliveries!

T didn't collect my car until almost 4pm so that won't be back until later today. I can't complain because they do provide a good service for me and normally it wouldn't be a problem, but today I'm meeting J for our Christmas lunch and was going to get the rest of my shopping afterwards so I really could do with having the car. Never mind ... J will collect me so the lunch will still go ahead but the shopping will now have to wait until tomorrow. I couldn't get through to the garage door company either so fired off an email and will hopefully hear back from them today. 

So on to today ... it has to be better than yesterday! I haven't sat and chatted with J for ages so am really looking forward to seeing her. We haven't booked anywhere so it may be difficult to get a table as this is the week of office lunch parties but if that turns out to be the case, we'll either get a takeaway delivered or cook a meal back at J's. I don't have to rush away for anything and hopefully that's the same for J so we should have plenty of time to catch up with all our news.

Comments

  1. Sorry to read about all the problems with delivery and the other things that didn't go quite as planned. I hope today will be better and you and J will have a lovely time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of those days but today is going much better! J is picking me up at midday and we'll take it from there! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh, dear, what a chapter of mishaps. I'm hoping today is going a lot better. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, so good! It's definitely looking more promising xx

      Delete
  3. Oh dear that is too bad about the breadmaker. Well at least they didn't try to deliver a broken one. Hopefully a nice relaxing, fun catchup lunch with J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes be wonder what state the packaging was in for them to decide not to deliver as I have packages delivered by the same company in the past where the boxes were so badly broken you could see the contents.

      I'm looking forward to seeing J later on. xx

      Delete
    2. Glad that today is going to plan and hope that when you get home there will be a named bauble waiting for you! I was SO relieved that my last gift (for Dad) arrived safely yesterday - first post in 11 days! The day before I missed an A**z*n delivery by an hour. It was taken to a neighbour and I was rather surprised to be handed an opened parcel with no explanation or apology ... but then furious when I got in and found that the item inside had also been opened, and the packaging ripped. Luckily it's "only" for my sister but I hope there isn't going to be a problem in case of returns.

      Delete
    3. The bauble still hasn't arrived so it'll go on their tree for the first time next year. It was always a gamble with the post strikes but at least I know it is on the way and will get here eventually! I'm glad your Dad's gift arrived in time and I can feel your relief from here! That's awful about the parcel taken in by your neighbour. Did he/she damage the contents in any way? I hope you don't have problems if you do need to return it.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry about the deliveries. Hope getting the refund goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The refund was received the next day ... no problems at all. I was surprised it was done that quickly.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts