Weekly Reflections

345/365: frost on penstemons
 

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • enjoying a Christmas meal with the book group ladies 
  • selling a few more items 
  • celebrating the birth of my new great nephew, Baby A
  • getting a date for the installation of the new garage door
  • loving the frosty mornings
  • trying out the new online calligraphy class
  • playing Christmas carols on the piano and the flute
  • adding more dates to my diary
  • receiving an invite to the Christmas street party in the Close
  • deciding how to add some additional exercise to my daily routine

I am grateful ...
  • for the NHS and the ongoing treatment both my brother and my sister are receiving and the care given to my niece during the birth of her first baby
  • for a safe, warm home
  • for the life I have   

Lifestyle changes
  • daily walk: Achieved but mostly indoor walks
  • weekly personal training session: Achieved
  • twice a week - 2 x 10 reps of each of three exercises: Achieved

Comments

  1. Sounds like another lovely week filled with good cheer and gratitude! Do you read your weekly reflections posts at the end of the year? I think that would be a lovely thing to do, to review the many wonderful things that happened over the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not specifically the weekly reflections but I do read back through most of my blog in December to help me complete my end of year review. It's surprising how much I forget!

      Delete
  2. Such a thankful week. Thank you for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely photo, you do take very good photographs. I think they would make a great calendar. After reading your weekly reflections I think I am going to go back to writing three things a day I am grateful for. I did it a number of years ago and it did make me feel good. We have had some more snow here, however the sun came out and it melted. We have been living up here for 15 years and one year I couldn't get the car out of the drive for days. I keep 2 chest freezers full in the winter in case it happens again. Fingers crossed it doesn't freeze as I have to Pick hubby up tonight from work. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks re. the photo.

      I find creating the lists for my weekly reflections help me to stay positive. I did the three things to be grateful for every day at one time and that made a difference as well . I hope it has the same positive effect for you when you restart.

      We had snow today with some more promised for tonight. It's not deep and has thawed enough to freeze again tonight and make the roads treacherous tomorrow! Good idea with the freezers and hope you have a safe journey picking up your hubby from work. xx

      Delete
    2. your frosty flowers are so beautiful.

      Delete
  4. Some lovely reasons to be grateful for this week. Love the frost photo. Really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just when I thought yesterday's photo was a fave, this one outdoes it! We are in for some super frosty mornings in the days ahead and I will try and remember to be grateful for those like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the photo. It's my favourite of all the garden photos I have taken this year.

      I like to see the frosts but from the warmth of my house. I'm not to keen to be out in it! 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts