Thursday 15th December

349/365: salvia leaves, looking very sorry for themselves after the snow
(which still hasn't completely cleared)

I didn't get too far in my quest to find a holly bush yesterday. The snow and ice is still hanging around in patches, so the risk of slipping is worse than ever in some places ... thankfully I hadn't gone too far when I twisted my knee and was able to hobble back home. I was initially worried that I'd done some serious damage but that's not the case and this morning there is just the occasional twinge to remind me to be careful!

I rescheduled last night's meet with J to early next week so I just had a quiet day at home. Today will be the exact opposite. I'm picking L up on the way to the venue for our Christmas meal and afterwards, assuming L is in a fit state(!), we'll fit in a bit of shopping in the big ASDA store before we call it quits for the day. I want to look at their clothes and also see what bread makers they have on offer.  

Tonight I'm 'meeting' with L&P + others via Zoom. I'm not sure who else will be joining in but I will know them so we should have a good evening together. I've been told there will be a quiz, a game of Pictionary, and a treasure hunt to look forward to.

Comments

  1. I thought maybe your salvia photo was that you had painted them gold ... maybe it's the blue light filter on my computer (col). I do hope you & L have a fun lunch out & that your knee gives you no further grief. Good luck with the shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not gold, they've turned brown after the snow.

      We had a great time thanks and will be trying to meet again next week if we can. My knee is aching now but it held up while I was out and we did quite a lot of steps when we went shopping after the meal.

      Delete
  2. Your salvia leaves look like they've been bronzed! Sorry to hear that your knee gave you some trouble yesterday. Glad it's better today. Have a lovely day with your friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look good but really it's the damage from the snow. My knee help up all the time I was out but is aching now. I had a great time with L and am now waiting for the Zoom session with my friends which is due to start in about an hour.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts