Wednesday 21st December

355/365: pebbles, filling the gap between the edge of the
patio and the wall of the house

I'm happy to report that yesterday was a much better day! J picked me up at midday and, considering we hadn't booked anywhere and it's the week of office parties, we were lucky enough to find a table in one of the cafés in town. We didn't have a Christmas meal but the food was good and we had a lovely chat, catching up with our news and sounding out plans for next year. The café was really busy so to free our table we went back to J's home after we'd eaten and carried on where we'd left off. J dropped me back home just after 5pm after what was probably the best afternoon we've had together for a long time.

T brought my car back just before 6pm so I'm mobile and legal again and the new MOT certificate has been filed safely away. The car passed the MOT without needing any work but T did check all the fluid levels for me and I'd asked him to have a look at the handbrake and adjust it as necessary. It's always a relief when it's over and done with for another year.

So today I have my rescheduled personal training session at 10 am and afterwards it'll be a trip into town and get the rest of the shopping I need for the Christmas meals. I also have one very important card to deliver (for Miss C's birthday on Christmas Day) and the next book group book to collect from E's home. As soon as that's done, Christmas can start!

Comments

  1. Yeah to a good day out & visit with J. Having the car pass the MOT & not needing anything to be done is a sense of relief to both pocket book & self. Drive on with confidence. I did a curbside grocery pick up yesterday (Tuesday); everywhere was SO busy as people seem to be heeding the weather warnings for Friday into next Monday, so I was grateful that my order was complete & I did not have to face the throngs inside the store. I am as prepared as I'll ever be for Christmas festivities :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a relief when I get the certificate confirming the MOT even though I don't expect it to fail!

      I have all my shopping now and will avoid the shops and the crowds. If I have forgotten anything I will go without ... the shops only close for one day anyway.

      Delete
  2. -certificate has been filed safely away- I like that, things like that have always been hard for me, and i do wonder getting older, what is going to slip my mind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been making a real effort to train myself to put important documents like the MOT away in the correct place as soon as I get it. I'm still a work in progress but much improved compared to how I used to be. I use my diary to remind me if all the things I need to do for tax, insurance, renewals, etc. Maybe you could do something like that?

      Delete
  3. I like the photo of your pebbles! M bought me the first two bags of pebbles for the front parkway, today! Not as pretty as yours, though!
    I'm glad to read that you had a lovely time with J and the car passed its MOT test. Hope you have a good day, today, and can start on Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get some more pebbles to be able to finish off the edges near the garage but I can't find any to match the existing ones (which were bought by the previous owners of the house) so I'll have to do a bit of mix and match. Will we get a photo of your pebbles when you start on the parkway?

      Yes, Christmas had officially started in my home! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts