Tuesday 27th December

361/365: signs of life in the bulb pots! 
 

Well we've all had to change our plans yet again. I've tested negative (phew) but my sister texted to say the one of the grandchildren had tested positive for Covid ... all of her children and grandchildren had been together at her home on Christmas Day so now it is a case of waiting to see if any of the others will also get it. It's a worrying time as two of her children are in the vulnerable category and my sister still isn't well from the mystery condition the hospital is still investigating, but all we can do is wait and see. So, that's my family and it also seems that I won't be seeing friends for a while for much the same reason ... three of the people I was planning to see between now and the new year have been in recent close contact with the virus and have since tested positive or are expecting to. 

I think we're due rain today but I would like to get out and get some fresh air if I can. Apart from that, I'll enjoy myself at home. I'm not that impressed with today's TV offerings but I have plenty of books to read, some new piano music to try out, and I can always make a start on planning for new planting in the garden next year ... guess who was a lucky girl and received gardening tokens for Christmas? I'll have the turkey curry I made yesterday for lunch (always better on the second day) and I want to get the gammon joint cooked today ... that was supposed to be for easy meals when my friends visited but, as they can't come now, I will slice it up and freeze most of it in portions. 

And I have my second Twelve Days gift to open later on. Yesterday's gift was a book of Einaudi piano pieces including L'Onde which is probably way too difficult for me but which I'd dearly love to be able to play so I will have a go!

Comments

  1. If you don't try, you'll never know and what a lot of pleasure you would miss out on!!

    I'm sorry about the plans that have had to be abandoned but better safe than sorry, I hope your family will all be OK.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as far as my family and friends are concerned. Hopefully none of the vulnerable will have caught it and those who do get it will only have a mild dose. That's the best we can hope for ... children do love to share their lurgies don't they?

      I've made a start on L'Onde. It's challenging but easier in places than I was expecting so, with a lot of practice, I may be able to play it. It's encouraged me to sit at the piano again so that's a good thing in itself! xx

      Delete
  2. Upon seeing the photo first, I wondered what kind of post we were in for today (lol).

    Sorry to hear that so many in your tribe are ill. Let's hope that for all it is a mild case.

    What a great gift for Day 2 - a challenging piece of music that gets you at your piano. Will a return to lessons be part of 2023?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a promise of spring photo! 😂

      Thanks re the family. I'm just hoping the vulnerable one manage to escape the virus.

      I haven't decided about the lessons yet. I may look for another teacher as I know I learned a lot while I was having lessons but I don't think I want to do the exam route and I think that's how C prefers to teach. I happy with trying to work out my new piece of music so I'm in no rush to change things at present. xx

      Delete
  3. You could use that photo for the WPSH. I have some similar buld shoots showing through but they are on rough ground and I have been putting off photographing them.
    I'm glad you have plenty of nice, relaxing things to do at home but it is shame your plans good thwarted. I hope no-one is seriously affected.
    Good luck with the music making and I hope you manage to make it out for that walk. The forecast for these parts is pretty miserable for the whole week (except Thursday when I can't go out anyway!) But better that than what is happening in Buffalo etc. at the mo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, I hadn't thought about the WPSH list ... I only created it so you can't expect me to remember it now can you?

      I'm still having a good time despite the change of plans. If everyone recovers after a mild dose I will be relieved, and lets hope that is the case and thanks for your wishes.

      I went out for a bit of a walk today so at least got some fresh air. The new piano music is harder than I thought it would be but there is some progress even after two days so I think I will eventually be able to play at least the one piece I bought the book for. We're very lucky with the weather in this country. I can't imagine coping with that much snow.

      Hope you're having a good Christmas and all your plans have worked out for you. xx

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that your plans had to change. Can't be helped but it is disappointing. I was supposed to have daughter and her husband home for Christmas but they couldn't come due to weather. Sad, but I was glad she stayed safely at home.

    Wow, something growing! Everything here is buried under snow lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it can't be helped and it's a feature of life now isn't it? It's a shame that your daughter couldn't get home for Christmas but, seeing the US weather on the TV, it was definitely the right decision.

      Yes, the bulbs are starting to peep through the soil. It'll be quite a while until they flower though. Hopefully we won't get any more snow! xx

      Delete
  5. Sorry to read that the virus is making an appearance among family and friends, but, being cautious to avoid spreading it is the best thing to do. Hopefully, you can all get together again in the new year.
    Lovely to see the first growth on your spring bulbs!
    Lovely piece of music you've selected to learn; I'm sure you'll be playing it without any difficulty in no time at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they'll be lucky and it won't spread through the entire family. Some of them live in Wales so I won't get to see them any time soon, but as long as they are okay that's all that matters.

      It's my favourite piece by Einaudi and it's slowly coming together ... still on page 1 out of 7 pages though!

      There are several bulbs peeping through ... all very exciting! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts