New Year's Eve

365/365: new growth on the jasmine
 

Hang on a minute while I give myself a pat on the back ... I've completed a whole year of daily photos, mostly of the plants in my garden. I'm going to do it again next year but this time it'll be a visual record of whatever I've been up to.

I don't have any plans for celebrating New Year's Eve and will probably be in bed long before the clock ticks over into 2023. At the end of November I did half consider going away for the first week of January but decided against it and am glad that I did now as the weather forecast for the week is dire ... heavy rain on six out of the seven days, so much better to be warm and cosy at home with plenty of ways to pass the time rather than stuck in a hotel room!

I'll do a roast dinner tomorrow, roast lamb this time, but that's my only indulgence to the significance of the day. I always consider September to be the start of my new year, a hang over from years of teaching and following an academic calendar. 

So I'll finish by wishing you all a Happy New Year and hope that a good time is had by those of you who do celebrate the arrival of the new year. See you in 2023!

Comments

  1. Well done on the 365 photos this year! I've enjoyed seeing the items you've photographed, especially the close up photos of the plants and flowers, etc.

    I hope you have a lovely New Year's Eve. My daughter and I will stay up to greet the new year (we usually stay up well past midnight just about every night, anyway!) and I will boil milk on the stove as usual and make milk rice. Neighbor S had told me not to cook anything for New Year's Eve dinner because she is planning to order barbecue and wants to bring some over to us!
    I wish you a very happy new year and all the best in 2023. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless, hearing you have enjoyed the photos is a happy comment to end the year on.

      I hope you and your daughter have a lovely time together and enjoy the food courtesy of neighbour S. Wishing you and your daughter a happy, healthy and prosperous 2023. xx

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Eileen, I'm really looking forward to another 365 from you. I'm going back to random posting, with probably a weekly round-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Joy. I should be thanking you for allowing me to tag along with your own 365 photos. I think I'll still post every day but am definitely not numbering them this year! xx

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year to you, I do love your daily photo's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and a Happy New Year to you too Marlene. Glad you've enjoyed the daily photos. xx

      Delete
  4. A well deserved pat on the back from me too - I have very much enjoyed your garden photos, thank you for the pleasure they have given.

    Your New Year sounds nice and easy, cosy and comfortable. That's lovely. I mentally go from September each year too - definitely a hangover from teaching days.

    Wishing you a very happy and satisfying 2023. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy and it's lovely to hear that you have enjoyed seeing them.

      I still use an academic diary! I doubt I'll ever change now but it works for me, so no problem. 😊

      Hope 2023 is everything you want it to be. xx

      Delete
  5. Your garden photos have been very good, I look forward to next years photos and will join you on your journey.
    I am another that still goes on the academic years, in fact it is only the last few years that I buy calendars for January and not September.
    Wishing you a healthy and happy 2023. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, it's lovely to hear that you have enjoyed the photos throughout the year. I'm still using an academic diary and can't see me changing that but I am thinking about using my own photos in a printed calendar next year so that will run from January .... it could get very confusing!

      A healthy and happy new year to you too. It's been lovely getting to know you this year. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts