Monday 19th December

353/365: ten blue pots filled with bulbs, all ready and waiting for spring
 

Neighbour S moved the rest of the blue pots out of the garage for me yesterday morning. It wasn't the ideal conditions for moving heavy pots as the patio was lethal, a combination of melting ice and rain, but fortunately there were no accidents. It rained for a good part of the day, not heavy rain but enough from what I can see from my windows to have cleared the last of the snow.

My new bread-maker didn't arrive yesterday but I've been notified that it will be here today. I hope so as I only have the last of the shop bought loaf to finish up and then I can start making my own again ... assuming it does arrive and that I can get everything I need when I go shopping tomorrow I will wake up to freshly baked bread on Christmas Day for the first time in 11 years ... I feel more excited about this than I probably should! I'm just waiting for one other parcel now which is the Baby's First Christmas bauble for Baby A; it was due on the 15th but was sent via Royal Mail so with all the planned postal strikes and the backlog of deliveries I'm not holding my breath that it'll be here on time now.

My car has it's annual MOT today. T will collect it this morning and deliver it back complete with new certificate. I'm not expecting it to fail but if it does, T will do any work needed ... brilliant service all round! It means I'm stuck at home today so I'll get on the with housework, especially the washing which is piling up again ... I want it all done and out of the way before Thursday and I only have today and Wednesday to get it sorted.

Comments

  1. Oh I can imagine how lovely fresh baking bread will be to wake up to. I plan to make a new to me recipe for cinnamon roles for Christmas breakfast - the new element is that you pour cream over the buns before baking! You have rain, we have more snow & the forecast is for heavy snow to start on Thursday & go on & off until Sunday - rather a nightmare than a dream of a white Christmas IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sign of the bead-maker yet so am keeping my fingers crossed that it does arrive. The recipe sounds different with adding the cream before baking - hope you both enjoy them.

      It's rained all day but I much prefer that to the snow!

      Delete
  2. I hope your new bread maker arrives soon and you will be able to make freshly baked bread for Christmas morning! Hope Baby A's gift arrives, too, in time for Christmas! And I hope your car passes its MOT test. Enjoy your day at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delivery may be up to 10 pm so I still have a few hours to wait. The baby's bauble didn't arrive today so hopefully tomorrow. I haven't heard about the car yet as they didn't collect it until 4 pm so I doubt I'll get the result today.

      I've got most of the washing done so in that respect it has been a good day. Hope you have a good day too.

      Delete
  3. I've let some blog reading slip and am catching up. Your weekly reflections are a lovely way to acknowledge events and people in your life. Fresh homemade bread is definitely a joy! I hope the baby bauble and bread maker both arrive before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Celie. Unfortunately the bread maker order was cancelled by the supplier so I will need to reorder once I get my refund, and there's still no sign of the baby's bauble.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts