Monday 12th December

346/365: snow!

 
Well that was a surprise when I opened the curtains yesterday morning! The children in the Close were outside playing for most of the day. I didn't see any snowmen this time but they may have built one at the far end (the Close is L shaped) but they had their sleds out and were having races as well as the obligatory snowball fight. Their favourite game seemed to be attempting cartwheels and handstands in the snow for some strange reason! It's not often I see children playing outside like we used to and it was lovely to see them and hear them enjoying themselves.

I've rescheduled my personal training because I have to wait in for a delivery which was supposed to arrive on Saturday but was delayed - to be fair, they did keep me informed of the delay but not the reason- so it's expected some time today instead. At least I think it'll be here today ... the notification says there is a one day delay in this area but is that one day from Saturday or one day from today ... who knows! This is my Christmas Day present (to myself!) so I don't want to miss the courier and will wait in until it arrives no matter how long it takes! I'll do some exercise at home instead but I'm quite relieved that I don't need to take the car out today as I'm not used to driving in snow. Amy contacted me to ask if I wanted to reschedule because the roads were so icy and that was yesterday morning. Since then it has thawed, but not completely, and I assume it refroze during the night when the temperature was forecast to drop to -3ºC, so I doubt the driving conditions will have improved. There was also some mention of more snow during the night but it's still too dark to see whether that's happened or not. 

I was planning to hand deliver the local cards after personal training and then pick up some fresh veggies on the way home but both of those can wait for a few days. I'm choosing to stay indoors in the warm instead and just do whatever I fancy!

Comments

  1. Oh, look at all that white stuff! The garden looks like it has been dusted with icing sugar! So pretty!
    Good decision to postpone the personal training and all the other errands and stay home! Especially since you are expecting a delivery of your Christmas present! Hope it arrives in good time. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look pretty and I'm happy to have taken some snow photos but it's only day two and I'm fed up with it already!

      I've been following the progress of my parcel. It's now about 4 miles away and it's only 2pm, so I should definitely receive it today.

      Hope you have a good day too Bless xx

      Delete
  2. Fresh snow does look very lovely, doesn't it? Just a shame it turns nasty so quickly! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks a mess now, mostly dirty snow and ice. At least it looked pretty for a while. I think the local children were a bit fed up that we didn't get more as the schools have remained open and they are back in class today! xx

      Delete
  3. Your back garden looks like a Christmas card scene. The ice under the snow can be very dangerous both for walking & driving. I imagine the novelty of snow is what drew the children out & off their devices. What fun for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the ice that worries me the most but it is starting to thaw now. Hopefully it won't freeze again tonight. Yes, we don't often get snow in this area so it was fun for them. xx

      Delete
  4. i wonder what your present to yourself is?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say yet ... that would spoil the surprise when I open it on Christmas Day! 😂😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts