Tuesday 12th December

347/365: it started to thaw around midday yesterday
 

My parcel arrived yesterday so that's a relief. It was delivered by DPD and I never have much luck with them. I don't know if it's that they start notifying delivery too early but it always seems to be a case of hanging around for two or three day after the date notified for the parcel to actually arrive. This time I also had a flurry of spam emails requesting me to confirm my delivery address or stating that there was an attempt to deliver but no one was home, all of which I ignored but I wonder how many people get caught out by these. This particular batch of emails originated in Los Angeles.

The worst of the snow has gone (unless it snowed again during the night ... I haven't looked out of the window yet), and roads will be clear once I get out onto the main road. I'm going round to see Joy this morning ... the words "mince pie" were mentioned so I don't want to miss that! 😂

After I've seen Joy I'll carry on into town and pick up the bits of food I want and also the Christmas editions of the Radio Times and TV Times, which go on sale from today ... I only ever get them at Christmas and always get both so that'll be my reading material for tonight. I also want to finish delivering the rest of my Christmas cards today. Then all I'll have left to do is to transfer the money to my great nieces and nephews for their Christmas presents and one quick shopping trip on the 23rd to get the bread, fruit and veg I'll need. 

Right, it's time to get started. I need to get my breakfast and do my Italian and piano practices before I go to see Joy. Hope you all have a good day!

Comments

  1. You sounds extremely well on top of things. Have a wonderful time with Joy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be spending Christmas on my own so it's easy to be organised when I'm just catering for one! Thanks I had a great time with Joy xx

      Delete
  2. Going by my recent experiences with spam messages, I'd probably be one of the people getting taken in by those spam emails about the deliveries! :(
    Oh, I hope you got to have a nice visit with Joy and enjoyed a mince pie or two! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She forced me to have two mince pies so I couldn't say no, could I? 😂😂

      I knew they were spam straight away as I'd been in all day and their policy is to try your house, your back up delivery (mine is to a certain neighbour) and if those two fail they leave the parcel with one of the local delivery hubs which for me is the local shop. If it was a genuine missed delivery I would have had a text and an email saying where it had been left.

      Delete
  3. You had me at mince pie. I will be making fewer mince pies this year (1) a sacristy of mince pie filling & (2) the cost of said hard to find mince filling. I hope you & Joy have lots of shared laughs today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have lots of laughs together thanks. That's a shame about the lack of mincemeat filling ... food shortages are getting serious if it's affecting the supply of mince pies!

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a well-planned and enjoyable day! Hope everything fell into place as intended. For what it's worth, I have never had a DPD delivery that has gone to plan - either they say they tried to deliver but nobody was in (lie), or they deliver to a random wrong address and expect you to locate and fetch it yourself, or they turn up on the wrong day and time without warning. (In fact, three of the above once happened in relation to a single order and, given it was Mum's Mother's Day flowers, I was not impressed.)
    I too have had those fake delivery emails - three recently - and they look quite convincing with a nice photo of a UPS van and pretty decent English. On two occasions I picked up the message after coming in so it did ring true, but I double-checked everything and realised it was a load of ... baubles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did everything except deliver all the Christmas cards. I still have all the neighbour's cards to deliver so will do them tomorrow or Thursday and then I'm finished with that side of things.

      I haven't been impressed with DPD but I have the parcel now so can relax and at least it wasn't flowers ... that would definitely have annoyed me.

      All the spam emails came from Los Angeles ... for a minute I wondered if Bless has set herself up as a scammer but knew deep down that she wouldn't! 😂😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts